Wiring Monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Monitor

I just bought a pyle monitor to put above my carputer in my trunk. I bought it without a harness so it only has the wires coming out of the monitor (the little "s-video" looking cable). I cut this and found that i have 1 red wire (positive), 2 black wires ( 1 negative, and other wraps around video wires do i ground this?), 1 yellow wire (video 1), 1 white wire (video 2), 1 brown wire and 1 orange wire (don't know what either one is). I can get the monitor to power up without the brown and orange ones, but no actual picture shows up. Please help. Thanks
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

Originally posted by sporty_drew
    I just bought a pyle monitor to put above my carputer in my trunk. I bought it without a harness so it only has the wires coming out of the monitor (the little "s-video" looking cable). I cut this and found that i have 1 red wire (positive), 2 black wires ( 1 negative, and other wraps around video wires do i ground this?), 1 yellow wire (video 1), 1 white wire (video 2), 1 brown wire and 1 orange wire (don't know what either one is). I can get the monitor to power up without the brown and orange ones, but no actual picture shows up. Please help. Thanks
    what monitor did you buy? does it have lights on it?
    video ground (wire wrapped around video wires) is not the same as a chassis ground.

NOTE: Good thing it's Friday and I am in a good mood. This post is prime for a flame fest.

Comment

The model # is PLVW5MN. It has no lights on the front. What do i do with the ground wire surrounding the video wires? Thanks

Comment

do you have an ohm meter?

Comment

Yes I do. I don't know how to use it to help me though.

Comment

Set the meter to Ohms, then check to see if the known power wire (you said red) has continuity with either the orange or brown. This will tell you if one of those are also a power wire. Doubtful, since you say you can power the unit w/2 wires.
            Now, check to see if either the orange or brown, or both have continuity between the black wire that is wrapped around the video inputs, or the chassis ground.
            Also see if they have continuity between them (orage and brown)
            After you do this, you will know what each of the wires are for. Each video input may have it's own video ground, which is different than the chassis (power) ground.
            Can you post some pics of the wire harness you have, and what you cut?

Comment

Working...
            X