Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.6Inch TFT screens with stand for $425AUST!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.6Inch TFT screens with stand for $425AUST!

Hey aust users!

Just browsing the latest Autobarn catalogue that came in the mail to see that they have a new color TFT screen for sale! Its a US-AUDIO 5.6Inch TFT with a built in stand, contrast/brigtness controls, nice looking black casing etc,etc for only $425! Which as you know is a top price for here in Australia!

Im not quite ready to go TFT just yet, but im gonna buy the screen this week for sure whilst the special is still on! Some of you guys may well want to do the same!
    Project - GAME OVER :(

Watch Out Dude This should be in the FOR SALE board. People ream ya around here.
    Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

aheem, if you read my post correctly you will see that I aint selling em..... just putting out the heads up on a good item at a good price. Are you worried my shout-out may cut into your sales?

Comment

Originally posted by dscustoms
        Watch Out Dude This should be in the FOR SALE board. People ream ya around here.
        this is more of an advisory than anything else so STFU. And who are you to speak posting 4 threads, 2 of which were deleted and one locked?

Not to mention that magnetik is a much more respectable member.

Comment

Hey Magnetik
          I actually saw this in autobarn when i went to check out the 5" nesa screen they had. It looks good, but I personally don't like the look of it. I'm still leaning towards the 5" which i could mount in my dash and make look a little more professional. According to Holden_V8 its also removable from the main frame, which is great for security

Did you also see the 7" Nesa screen they had for around $799 i think?
          http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
          Australian mp3car Portal
          mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
          mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
          -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

Yeah the NESA seems the go ahead for me at the moment, its selling for $399- in Autobarn where I live, but if they get this US-AUDIO 5.6" down here ill go check it out, Id rather pay the extra lil bit more if its better.

All other places around here that stock cheap TFT screens are the NESA's and they start from $500+.. or JUST under $500.... So Autobarn is the preffered place to purchase them cheaply.. in Mildura anyway :P

Comment

I have only seen the picky in the catalogue, but looked great for me.... also its that little bit larger than the NESA 5inch. The $799 is a little bit outside the amount of $$$$'s I would want to spend - would be nice tho....

Still I still think the 5Inch NESA/5.6Inch US-AUDIO are the two best TFT screens available to aussies like ourselves without having to get them imported......

KiNG : yeah autobarn have the best prices in Melb too....... its a shame not more ppl sell em. Was at the car show on Sunday, and was asking around for prices, and the best I could get was $1500 for a 7inch screen!! And BTW, I love the look of your one-pager website.... very nice. Send me some details for the austmp3car.tk website if u like too.....

Comment

Thanks for the private msg magnetik but i personally like the 5 inch lcd screens cause u can make kinda like ur own casing and mountaing brackets for it and it is way easier to put into a dash. I saw that 5.6 inch one in the autobarn catoluge and i was like fuk but then i didnt like the look of it like the mounting bracket and that but yeah it has its good side like more features and larger screen size. Its really up to you and what you like man.
                Tell me how you go.
                http://austmp3car.tk

Comment

Hey Holden_V8 do you find that the 5" is big enough? because I dont want to spend all that money, its a lot of money to me, just to find that its too small.

I think that its a better looking unit and easier to mount in the dash.
                  Australian mp3car Portal
                  mp3car FAQ - RTFF

Comment

to answer you two crazy kids!

hornet : I guess each to their own, I think the both screens look good. Since I am thinking of selling my car in the near future (next 4-5months, upgrading most likely to a Skyline R32/R33 2ltr Turbo! grrrr!!! ) I dont really want to cut into my dash to mount an LCD, to this point I havent cut anything at all out of my car, which I am happy about. The swivel stand of the 5.6inch US-AUDIO will help with this.

Holden_V8 : No probs, just thought I would give the heads up to ya! Yeah I agree with ya, but I dont really have that much time to make a casing/etc..... and for the $50 differece between the un-cased NESA and a cased 5.6 US-AUDIO, I dont think the money is a big issue. I doubt with less than $50 and alot of time, I could make a case that I would be proud of..... but like U say, you want to put it IN a dash, I just want mine where my LCD dispay is now - just in front of the gearshift so the 5.6inch stand will be perfect for me....

like u say, its upto you..... I will be keen to see three TFT LCD setups (myself included!) in the not too distant future

I'm gonna goto Autobarn this thursday nite to snap up a screen, then put it in storage until I get the urge to make use of it!! Will keep u posted of my results.. time for bed, its 2AM now... ugh!

Comment

No worries sounds good man
                      http://austmp3car.tk

Comment

for anyone interested, put down my $100 deposit for the US-AUDIO 5.6Inch screen on friday nite at autobarn, Glen Waverely. Will get some pickies/screenshots of it in action once I have it in my hot little hands!

Comment

I just went and have a close look at the Nesa 5" and the US auido 5.6" screens at autobarn. Now i have to agree with Magnetik, i think the 5.6" is a better screen. I was under the influence that the 5" came with a rigid casing that could be mounted, and the screen was removable. Not so, the case is very flimsy, and the screen isn't really removable. Looking at the 5.6" the mounting stand looks like it can connect to the back of the screen, which would suit my car well.

Magnetik, do you know what the layby terms are at Autobarn??
                          oh also.. R33 GTS skylines are 2.5l turbos, only the R32 GTS is a 2 litre...mmmm more power bloody nice cars, but i have my heart set on a r32 GTR
                          Australian mp3car Portal
                          mp3car FAQ - RTFF

Comment

Originally posted by hornet
                            I just went and have a close look at the Nesa 5" and the US auido 5.6" screens at autobarn. Now i have to agree with Magnetik, i think the 5.6" is a better screen. I was under the influence that the 5" came with a rigid casing that could be mounted, and the screen was removable. Not so, the case is very flimsy, and the screen isn't really removable. Looking at the 5.6" the mounting stand looks like it can connect to the back of the screen, which would suit my car well.

oh also.. R33 GTS skylines are 2.5l turbos, only the R32 GTS is a 2 litre...mmmm more power bloody nice cars, but i have my heart set on a r32 GTR
                            agreed! I got my screen!! yay!!! and let me tell you my funny story...... . Went to frankston autobarn yesterday, looking in the audio section, see the NESA 5.6inch screen with a price of $599 crossed out. So I ask, 'the price is crossed out, how much?'.... hrm.... they cant find a price. I then tell em I have ordered a US-Audio screen for $429 as in the catalouge, so they go 'well I guess it would be $429'.

But - I say.... the NESA doesnt have a speaker in it, which should make this screen cheeaper. They scratch their heads and come to... '$400!" I whip out my keycard and the rest is history!! hehehehehe.. 5.6Inch cased, with tripod screen for only $21 more then the 5inch bare monitior module. And it has push button contrast/brightness too, supports poth PAL/NTSC, and has a nice two color chrome/black casing. Hooked it upto my video recorder, picture is fantastic. Will get some pics ups soonish of it..... here is a link to the screen tho (the NESA website is running funny at the moment, I used to be able to find the screen) http://www.goparts.com.au/croyaltek.htm (note this is my screen, rebadged Rotaltek)

Hornet/others you may wanna jam downto autobarn soonish, see if other stores have the same special going........ I am not sure about laybuy terms, Im sure for such an expensive item they could help you out tho.... its in their best interest.

and about the skylines.... sounds like u know more than me....... but I know what I like! thanks for that info tho.... altho either a R32/R33 is the goer for me, only requirement IS the turbo and manual transmission - it is a crime to have automatic in a sports car!! r32 GTR? the 'Godzilla?' - keep dreaming my boy!! hehehehehehehe....

Comment

Originally posted by hornet

I just rang Autobarn (Mildura), they dont have the 5.6" US-AUDIO screen down here yet :/

But I asked about Lay-By etc, and they said they do LayBy's as well as the "Buyers Edge" which is the 6 months interest free jingle..

I dont know what the terms are for LayBy.. as i didnt ask, tho i should have.. but yeah. heh.

- Kris.

Comment

Working...
                              X