LQ10D131 Sharp tft lcd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LQ10D131 Sharp tft lcd

so are you guys saying the LQ10D131 Sharp would not be good for dvd's because it doesnt have enough colors?? Please repsond quick.. thanks =)
    Car
    1964 Ford Falcon powered by a 1993 Mustang 5.0 EFI, AOD transmission, with disc brakes up front and more mechanical goodies
    The Player
    Gone! Soon goign to repalce the screen based system i HAD with an iPod. http://mp3falcon.crazyshaxs.com

your probably going to want an 18-bit (or higher) screen for good dvd quality. i dont know the numbers on the screen you are asking about, but if it is a 12-bit screen you are going to get bad color for dvd playback. 12-bit is 4096 colors, 18-bit is 262144 colors. in case you dont know how to figure it out.... 2^(# of bits) = # of colors.

~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Mike is right again.

The LQ9d131 is a 12 bit screen. Only 4096 colors just like the LQ9D161 which I have.

I also have a 10.4" sharp LCD that is 18 bit and the color difference is simply amazing. Infact compared to the LQ9D 161 it's stunning.

On the other hand I'm probalby going to use the 12 bit screens for the kids in the car. They won't care as long as there is some peterpan or other disney movie. It's better than black and white.

Pigseye

Comment

what model number is the 18 bit screen?
        Car
        1964 Ford Falcon powered by a 1993 Mustang 5.0 EFI, AOD transmission, with disc brakes up front and more mechanical goodies
        The Player
        Gone! Soon goign to repalce the screen based system i HAD with an iPod. http://mp3falcon.crazyshaxs.com

Comment

there is no single 18-bit screen, if that is what you are asking about. if you want to know about specific screens, the best way to find out is to check the data sheet. there are always tables of operating info within the first 5-10 pages of the data sheets that will tell you the total bits or bits per color for the screen, as well as the brightness rating. those are probably the 2 most important things to look at if you want a quality screen.

~mike
          Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
          PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
          2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Mike is right again!!! Geez, I'm getting tired of saying that!

There are many models that are 18 bit.

In particular I have the LQ10D367 and the LQ104V1DG11.

My D367 has a problem with internal LCD LSB controller. no red control just full red.

The other looks incredible. It requires dual inverters to get all the brightness but even with one inverter it looks great.

Pigseye

Comment

hey does the 18bit come in 8.4 size?

If so which model?

Mastero

Comment

I know there isnt a single 18 bit screen, I was just wondering which one he had
                Car
                The Player

Comment

Mastero,
                  I dont know. I have a 6.5" 18 bit and 10.4" 18 bit. I've heard there are 9" or 8.4" but I haven't ever seen one for sale.

Pigseye

Comment

planning to sell the 6.5 18bit ?

Mastero

Comment

No. the 6.5 will be my nicest and brightest screen.

pigseye

Comment

hey pigs you know a place where i can get one?

mastero

Comment

No. A friend gave it to me.

Pigseye

Comment

Working...
                          X