Redant 7 inch widescreen questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redant 7 inch widescreen questions

1 Has anybody devised a circuit to automatically put the screen into video input mode so they dont have to push that silly button every time. There is no tv tuner with the lcd, who knows why they made tv mode the default mode. If nobody has, I will design one

2 Has anybody tried dimming the backlight yet? If i turn down the contrast or brightness it makes the picture look crappy but my car is still filled with light at night. Its really annoying. My search came up with this. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&threadid=5648

I figure i should ask if anybody has ever had success before i go trying these methods.

3 When its cold out the green text for the menus dosent work. I think one of the ribbon cables is loose, i am going to check it this weekend.
    mike
    91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

I dont know, but I hope somebody figures out how to make it come on with the AV mode selected! How annoying!

Comment

Crude Solution

Just received my Redant yesterday and it seems that if you hold the tv/av button down while turning screen on it flips to video and stays there. You could permantly fix the button down.

Just a thought.

Comment

not a bad idea
        Car
        1964 Ford Falcon powered by a 1993 Mustang 5.0 EFI, AOD transmission, with disc brakes up front and more mechanical goodies
        The Player
        Gone! Soon goign to repalce the screen based system i HAD with an iPod. http://mp3falcon.crazyshaxs.com

Comment

Cool, I could bypass the switch and solder the wires together. Thanks!

Comment

I wonder if there would be any ill side effects from kepping that circuit closed the entire time, since it was designed to be a circuit that was only momentarily closed. If you guys are willing to do this, please post your results. When i get time i was going to build a circuit that would send out a pulse with oneshots made out of 555 timers.

mike
            91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

Comment

Working...
            X