Xenarc white-screen problem after bezel swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc white-screen problem after bezel swap

I have a Xenarc 700TS that's about 2-years old now and decided to get adventurous with a new black bezel. I received it yesterday from mp3car's store and it seems to fit just fine. Upon reassembling the screen and turning it on, I get a lot fuzz/grain and the screen gets progressively brighter until it's plain white. I never see the "portable display" text that normally shows up.

I've narrowed my problem down to the ribbon cable everyone has problems with. Despite never touching it, I seem to have some kind of pressure either on the ribbon connection or somewhere else on the screen that's affecting the cable. The screen works fine if I leave the back casing off. I can simulate the problem by pressing on the ribbon cable connection on the VGA controller or the cable iteslf. I cut out a chunk of rear casing so that it wouldn't touch the ribbon or connector at all, but the problem persists. My guess is that something isn't lining up properly but I can't figure out what. The casing fits fine, I don't have to force it or anything.

I'll post some pictures tonight, but any thoughts from the experts would be appreciated. I've put the display back in the old casing but that didn't help either.
    tango/dune
    Infiniti QX4 2002 project (done!... for now)

Got it fixed. Apparently I did goof up the ribbon connection somehow. The business card & tape did the trick.
    tango/dune
    Infiniti QX4 2002 project (done!... for now)

Comment

Working...
    X