Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: 8" LCD Recomendations (must be 800x600)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 8" LCD Recomendations (must be 800x600)

OK, I've been looking for a new LCD for my car. I _HATE_ my in dash Lilliput 7" display for so many reasons. Mainly I hate that it just plain doesn't work right with the Via EPIA on board graphics. Last week my display started flickering and finally went completely out. All I can get is an occasional Jurasic Park/Girl image, then nothing. I could probably fix it, but I just plain don't want to. It's getting kicked to the curb.

So I've decided to pick up an 8" screen that is 800x600 resolution. It doesn't have to be touchscreen, because I am probably going to send it for the transflective updrage (which includes a new touchscreen anyway).

I've searched on ebay, the forums, and the MP3Car store, and found a few 8" models that meet my specs, but I can't find anyone that uses them. If you have one, or had one, please post what you liked and hated about it.

TIA,
    Tom
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

I'm using an 8.4" Toshiba LTM08C351. I'm driving it from a PCM-3540 LVDS receiver hooked up to the LVDS output of my PCM-9373. I fitted a touch panel (AMX i think) over the top with a PenMount 5184 USB touch controller, and a TDK CXA-P1212C inverter for the backlight.

Quality is very good, the digital link gives a very sharp image, the stock dual ccfl backlights are quite bright at 350 cd/m^2, but can be upgraded to a 6 bulb setup at 1400 cd/m^2 with a landmarktek upgrade (search for lm129-08c351).

Don't know if you are searching for a ready built unit, or considering building your own like I did, but I can definately recommend the LTM08C351.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Hey how much do you want for the in dash Lilliput

Comment

I don't that I'm going to sell it just yet. I may end up making a case mod out of it for my desktop. If I decide to sell it, I'll post it in the for sale subforum.
        So far:
        M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Thanks for the info Rob. I was hoping to find out about the pre-fab units rather than assembling my own. I don't mind putting the parts together, but I'm not up to making a bezel for it. Know what I mean?
          So far:

Comment

I am interested as well, any other recommendations for 8" 800x600 touchscreen LCDs. I am currently looking at a TM-868, but I have read that 800x600 doesn't look that great on that screen.
            900MHz Duron--ECS K7SEM--256 MB--30GB HD(Windows XP)--160 GB External HD (Music)--ON board Audio/Video--8" TM-868 Touchscreen--300W p/s--TrippLite 300W Inverter--Custom Plexi-glass case

Comment

While u guys r looking for 8"

can anybody recommend a 10.2, 10.4 reflective touch screen?
              "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
              X