Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i make an ATI video out start with 1ry monitor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i make an ATI video out start with 1ry monitor?

If i wanna use an ATI card to bypass the VGA-> RCA problem, how do i get it to make the video out start with the 1ry monitor?
    I've experimented with several ones, and i have to boot and then choose to operate the video out, using the monitor.
    The problem is.. in my carputer there will be no monitor!!
    Please help!

What does 1ry mean? First, perhaps? Is it a brand?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

And if there will be no monitor in your carputer, what's it matter?

Comment

If there's no monitor in the carputer, i can't load the video out on the ATI card, and i can't see anything.

1ry means (primary).. '' sorry for using that abbreviation.. totally unclear.''
        I need to use the video out as an ALTERNATIVE to the primary monitor, which is the one used for booting connected to the VGA 15 pin plug.

Bascally, now, i can't 'see' my way through the software used to load the ati video out..

It's kinda tricky to explain, but if u have any idea what i'm talking about, please help me!

Comment

Make a dummy connector on the VGA port that has a 75 ohm ground load through R, G, and B to the color ground. This will probably work on ATI to force monitor detection at startup. Works on nForce2 video.

Comment

Thanx Dylan 98R/T..
            It sounds like it would force monitor detection, but the video out won't start automatically, and i'll still have a blank screen.

Comment

Probably because video output is controlled by the drivers in XP. You wouldn't see video till you got to XP anyway.

I don't know about this one, never tried having video out as the only output. I imagine it should be able to be done. Try emailing ATI?

Comment

I don't know about ATI but if the nForce does not "see" a primary monitor, it defaults to Svideo out. Only when loading drivers though.

Comment

Working...
                X