Need help with fuse for a monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with fuse for a monitor

I know this is not carputer related but since I cannot get help for this from the manufacturer I thought I should ask here and hope someone can give me the answer.

I have a 15 inch LCD for my desktop at home that just died and I have traced the problem to its fuse. It has one of those tiny "soldered on" fuses simillar to the ones on Lilliput. I cannot get the OEM fuse so I am going to just use a regular fuse and holder and solder it in its place.

I know it is 12 volt and I know it is 2 Amp but what I don't know is if I should use a "slow blow/burn" or "fast blow/burn" for this.

This is a Sylvania monitor made by Princeton Graphics with following info:
    Name: L151-BLK
    Model #: PD-70FA
    Part #: 21AP1514DSM
    Serial #: 8RCC1403152
    Manufacture date: Apr 2002

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

I would try a fast one first... if it lives then leave it... if it blows try a slow blow.... if that burns then there is a problem.... it's not common for a fuse like that to blow....
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
      I would try a fast one first... if it lives then leave it... if it blows try a slow blow.... if that burns then there is a problem....
      I don't know why I didn't think of that! That is good advice.

Originally posted by turbocad6
      it's not common for a fuse like that to blow....
      Strangely enough I think it had something to do with me testing my old carputer at home. Don't know why or how but ever since I took my EPIA mini itx carputer apart to clean and then put the mobo back but using insulated legs (instead of original metal ones) I have had nothing but trouble. I have lost two laptop drives that went dead on me (They stopped spinning) and then this display went dead a few minutes after I hooked it up to the carputer eventhough I have a KVM switch in between. It may have somehow been pulling ground through the display connection. Don't really know.
      Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Just a quick update, got a fast blow Pico fuse and soldered in and the problem has been solved....

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
        X