Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 screens. One header unit. One screen flicker

Hey all...

Just had an additional screen attached to my setup.

I have a JVC dv6101 header with a PYLE 7" screeen attached. Works perfectly!!

So I decided to have an additional 2 screens added and placed in the Headrests of the car. they work perfectly. a little dim but not a biggy.

Now the problem is,,... the original screen that is in front now flickers and warps on occasion...the two screens added are fine.. no flickering.. no warping.. just a bit dim.

what causes this and is there a way to resolve this issue???

thanx

Grant

Possibly a bad splitter. You might want to see if you can find a video amplifier to run those screens. It's possible the JVC just doesn't put out enough voltage to support splitting to three screens.

Comment

OK... thanx... which type or mke of splitter do you suggest or can any brand do the trick??

cheers

G

Comment

Well, if you're already using passive splitters (y-cord) there's no real brand that'll help you there. An 'active splitter' is what you'd really want. I don't know where you'd be able to find one, but here's an example:

http://qualitymobilevideo.com/Mercha...uct_Code=VA900

Comment

thanx for your help man!!!

Much appreciated..

I will look around and get a proper setup and give feedback.

G

Comment

I know that PowerAcoustik makes a decent video multi-channel amplifier for about $40. The one I bought works perfectly and all the lines are adjustable much like an amplifier. I experienced flicker after adding two monitors to my truck so I decided to go with the video booster before adding the third. The unit is really small and draw very little current. If you go to the PowerAcoustik homepage, they have it featured under video accessories. Good luck.
            Check out the updates. Project 2003 Dakota worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85490

IS JACK BAUER GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A *****?

Comment

Working...
            X