Huge SCREEN! Over 8ft projected.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge SCREEN! Over 8ft projected.

Okay....probably not so practical in a car while driving, but makes for an *** kicking projector for on the go.

I built this unit for only $100 bucks. It consists of a 7" LCD ($50 on ebay) and an overhead projector ($50 on ebay). Together with a few fans I had lying around, aluminum foil, and a **** load of duct tape....volia a low cost projector.

I have attached a few pics, this was a preliminarly projection so its only 5' diagonal, but i have gotten it up to 8' clearly since then!

Takes only a few hours to build and the results are GREAT!

Just thought I would show off the project a bit.
    Attached Files
    Brown 2010

Oh and here is a pic of the projection...sorry for the crappy pic...i was on the run....
    Attached Files
    Brown 2010

Comment

Oh and here is a pic of the projection...sorry for the crappy pic...i was on the run....
      Um, what were you running from? Did that thing catch fire?!? LOL
      ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

LMFAO
        No...my friend was picking me up for a concert and came while i was taking the pictures....
        Brown 2010

Comment

what is that.. trees?
          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Yep...its a picture of a forest...

Either today or tomorrow im going to get a better picture.
            Brown 2010

Comment

That's pretty amusing, I remember my highschool having a monochrome screen that worked like that. Just place it over the 'overhead projector' and it would allow you to see what the teacher was doing.

Comment

yep thats it....Basically my friend and I wanted a big screen for movies and such. And i had played wiht lcds and realized this would work...I mean its been dont before, but i didnt find that out until after the first version of the screen (this is the third generation) The first failed because it was a laptop screen, and the laptop hdd drive and i didnt have a replacement at the time. The second was built using the same parts but was flimsy and unreliable.
                This one works great tho!
                Brown 2010

Comment

I just posted this in another thread, but a lot of the DIY home theater guys are using the mobile PS1 LCD for projectors.

Comment

oh thats neat...

The reason i used this 7" lcd cuz it was cheap on ebay and i had bought it already for somethinge else...so it was on hand
                    Brown 2010

Comment

sidewalk... next time... just give me the screen :P
                      2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

WEll next time i have a screen im gunna bust....ill remember you first....
                        but hell if anything this projector will be prime after prom on friday. Were gunna chill and watch a movie that night and go camping the next 3 days
                        HELL YEAH!
                        Brown 2010

Comment

i assume you followed the toms hardware guide?
                          http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/11/..._your_tv_for_/

yours is the first i've seen actuall done. though i'd be curious if the light reduces the life od the sreen much?

Comment

Actually i built mine first, and after haveing a few problems, found this site. It helped aid my new design.

It may kill the life a bit, but thus far its been okay. I have a fan set up so that it keeps the LCD cool, the heat had damaged the first i have. in tom's he mentioned this solution.
                            Brown 2010

Comment

http://www.diyprojectorcompany.com/

this shows you how to build on almost as compact as nfocus x1 its nice, but not in this pic but it shows the concept

it fun i built several, easy to make and they look good

Comment

Working...
                              X