Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

800x600 stopped working! Help Please! Ex-Audio TS LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 800x600 stopped working! Help Please! Ex-Audio TS LCD

    Hello. I have a 7" Ex-Audio (Lili rip-off) touchscreen paired with a M10000 board. Up until yesterday, worked fine. I was running at 800x600 at 32bit. Then it went blank...

    Now this wasn't a general blank. It was weird. The buttons (hardware buttons on the monitor), were irresponsive. The only button that worked was the channel selector between AV1, AV2, and PC. The brightness, auto-adjust, volume up/down, and menu buttons did nothing. So I was confused. Anyways, I rebooted. When POSTing, I saw everything just fine. Then when the Windows XP boot screen came... nothing. I can't tell if it froze or what, so reboot. Same thing. Really confused.

    I then decided maybe the resolution was accidentally set to 4 bagillion by 3 bagillion or something and the lcd couldn't handle, so I went into the M10000's BIOS. I switched the settings for the video (resolution and output) for all different things. Even tried changing the memory allocated for video! I tried TV out and connected via an RCA to the monitors AV2 input and success! Fuzzy success, but it was there. I checked the display properties, and it was 800x600. Odd, just where I left it.

    So reboot, changed the BIOS back to regular LCD output at 800x600 resolution, and nada.

    So I thought maybe something software. So I reinstalled XP. I didn't want to lose everything, so I didn't format the drive, I just installed windows into the directory it was in overwriting any bad software/registry settings. Still nothing. Keep in mind that the XP installer screens all showed up just fine. Definately confusing.

    After the reinstall, I hooked it up to an old CRT monitor and the video looked and worked fine at all resolutions. The LCD displayed 640x480, 1024x768, and 1280x"whatever it is".

    The point is (and if you got this far, I applaud you), that the LCD will NOT display 800x600 at any colour depth. Other resolutions are fine but not 800x600! I know it did, because it was for a month or two now. Bewilders me.

    Does anyone know of anyway to fix this. I would send it back for fixin' but I like many others hacked it up. I removed the shiny warranty sticker with haste and dremeled the back casing to finish it with epoxy around the front, Not really an option at this point.

    Anything appreciated.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  • #2
    How about refresh rate? Did you try changing that?
    Sometime from 72Mhz to 73Mhz did make a different.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

    Comment


    • #3
      No haven't tried. I never changed it from default to begin with, but I will. You suggest I manually set it to 72Mhz or 73Mhz. Any other possibilities. I usually never mess with frequencies unless videotaping something with a screen in it...
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

      Comment


      • #4
        I tried all refresh rates from 60Hz to 200Hz, and no go. I got nothing for the first few. When it was really high (above 150Hz), the screen was green. Also at 60Hz, it said "out of range" which I thought was odd...

        Anyone else have similar problems or a solution?
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

        Comment


        • #5
          I know this is an old thread, but it's the only one I found which describes my problem, which is the same as the OP.

          My Ex-Audio 7" just decided that it wanted to set itself to 640X480 @ 60Hz and display "out of range" on anything except the windows boot screens (before the real graphics driver is loaded and windows displays in 640X480) even if I try to boot into safe mode, it displays "out of range"

          The LCD has no manual settings that i could fine, only the auto adjust feature which doesn't really do anything in this case.

          Also, since the OSD will only show up when the screen has something to show, I can only even see the OSD in the boot menu/load screen/ other things like that.

          Anyone have any ideas? Advice??

          Comment


          • #6
            talk about bringing up a repressed memory!

            here's my solution but you aren't going to like it: change resolutions.

            basically i hooked up a CRT to my carPC, and changed the resolution to 1024x768 and then plugged the ex-audio back in. then make sure you set your frontend to the new settings. for instance i use RR so i changed the ini file to show width and such to 1024x768. also in rrconfig. because the frontend autoscales everything, it looks the same, but it is running at a different resolution . only difference is in windows everything is itty bitty but still readable.

            doesn't bother me too much anymore but in the back of my mind it still haunts me...

            sorry to bear bad news but at least youll get a picture now.

            oh and btw, my typing sucks because im on my phone.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

            Comment


            • #7
              ^ I totally did that after I posted, while I was just sitting there marinating on it. I thought that it just might be that resolution which is fried. As it turns out, that's exactly right, as you say I changed the resolution on the mac mini by hooking it up to a regular lcd. At 1024x768 60Hz it works fine, though when I'm actually in windows and not a front end, 1024 x 768 is not terribly practical since everything is so small. I'm looking into replacing the ex-audio wih a single DN flipout, as I probably should have done in the first place due o the low posiion of the factory radio slot in my tacoma

              Anyway, thanks for the response, it's just too bad that's this monitor seems to have a propensity to freak out (BTW, I wonder how long 1024x768 will last before it blows out too).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rigg419 View Post
                (BTW, I wonder how long 1024x768 will last before it blows out too).
                I've been running it like this since I started this thread really. Seems to be ok.
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                Comment


                • #9
                  i just experianced the same problem, while i was using the screen in 800x600 i pressed the auto resize button and blammo! no more display. I have fixed it easly, just change the refresh rate to 75htz. everything is good now. btw i have the same ex audio screen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jetblack5spd View Post
                    i just experianced the same problem, while i was using the screen in 800x600 i pressed the auto resize button and blammo! no more display. I have fixed it easly, just change the refresh rate to 75htz. everything is good now. btw i have the same ex audio screen.
                    tried it. but thanks anyways.

                    Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                    I tried all refresh rates from 60Hz to 200Hz, and no go. I got nothing for the first few. When it was really high (above 150Hz), the screen was green. Also at 60Hz, it said "out of range" which I thought was odd...

                    Anyone else have similar problems or a solution?
                    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      actually when i changed the refresh rate to 75,72,70 and 60 the screen would work but only after swapping from a crt that i made the changes from, however when restarted to see if the screen would boot up again it did not. then i changed it all the way down to 56 and it starts and restarts without a hitch. hopefully this setting will hold strong until i put everything back in my car.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                        talk about bringing up a repressed memory!

                        here's my solution but you aren't going to like it: change resolutions.

                        basically i hooked up a CRT to my carPC, and changed the resolution to 1024x768 and then plugged the ex-audio back in. then make sure you set your frontend to the new settings. for instance i use RR so i changed the ini file to show width and such to 1024x768. also in rrconfig. because the frontend autoscales everything, it looks the same, but it is running at a different resolution . only difference is in windows everything is itty bitty but still readable.

                        doesn't bother me too much anymore but in the back of my mind it still haunts me...

                        sorry to bear bad news but at least youll get a picture now.

                        oh and btw, my typing sucks because im on my phone.
                        God i'm having the same f'in problem with my lilli 702 hr /via s3. Accidently hit the auto-adjust (which is placed nicely next to the brightness adjust) and it freaked out. Now I can get to every mode except any of the 800x600 (which of course is the one i want).

                        Tried everything.

                        HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

                        Also, if you can tell me where in RR you were able to scale to 1024, it would be appreciated. I found the setting, but changing it doesn't seem to get RR to scale anything. Can you drop me a PM?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jetblack5spd View Post
                          actually when i changed the refresh rate to 75,72,70 and 60 the screen would work but only after swapping from a crt that i made the changes from, however when restarted to see if the screen would boot up again it did not. then i changed it all the way down to 56 and it starts and restarts without a hitch. hopefully this setting will hold strong until i put everything back in my car.
                          How'd you change it to 56? In windows i can't go any lower than 60.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mscappa View Post
                            God i'm having the same f'in problem with my lilli 702 hr /via s3. Accidently hit the auto-adjust (which is placed nicely next to the brightness adjust) and it freaked out. Now I can get to every mode except any of the 800x600 (which of course is the one i want).

                            Tried everything.

                            HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

                            Also, if you can tell me where in RR you were able to scale to 1024, it would be appreciated. I found the setting, but changing it doesn't seem to get RR to scale anything. Can you drop me a PM?
                            In RRConfig make sure it is set to Default as the size, and then on your skin change the general ini file "Showwidth" and "showheight" to 1024 and 768 repsectively.
                            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              damn i got the same screen but its made by lilliput. So far 800x600 is working pretty good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

                              I do have a problem with the touchscreen though. Sometimes if i turn off the monitor and turn it back on, the touchscreen would not work. The mouse cursor would be stuck at the bottom right corner when i try to touch anywhere. If i connect a mouse, the mouse works fine while touchscreen is still acting up.

                              My only solution is to wait 5-10 min and it seems to fix itself. Or sometimes i just restart the pc a few times and it works. Definitely very strange.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X