Does this COunt as a Carputer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this COunt as a Carputer?

ok basically htis is gonna be a little hard for me to expalin but basicaly instead of me anting to put a Desktop in my car i decided to just hook my laptop

which is a dell XPSM140 WHICH HAS A S VIDEO OUT and so i bought a converter to let me plug it into a 7 Inch screen that has Video RCA input
    is this bad?

cuz im tryin to the get screen to look right on the screen

because as appose ot having a Screen with VGA input, would that be much better to buy because i already have this 7" TFT screen with 2 video inputs
    RCA

The laptop is fine for a car computer but you're not gonna like text on your screen through video-out on your laptop.
    91 Toyota Supra fabrication http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73932

Comment

ok but i can understand what you eman but i mean, is it just me or are all displays weather their being connected threw a RCA video cable, or VGA input if the screen has one,

the screen is gonna be jumbled together and it wont be as easy to read as if u were on a desktop looking at a monitor?

Originally posted by dsballer2000
      The laptop is fine for a car computer but you're not gonna like text on your screen through video-out on your laptop.

Comment

Speak english please

Edited to be more helpful:

VGA = 640x480+ better resolution than tv... so things that are small are going to look sharper because more dots are used to make them, the svideo to rca will look ok, except for text.

Even if you buy expensive Pineer stuff it won't make the resolution better

And for the record straigh s-video is slightly better the rca
        Kimi ga kawareba, Seikaimo kawaru!

Comment

91 Toyota Supra fabrication http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73932

Comment

hes speaking english......just not in a comprehensive way. He needs to put down that pipe, and flush it's contents down the toilet.
            PC Components:
            Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
            My work log

Comment

sorry i didnt not mean to speak ENGLISH

i wasnt smoking some pipe lol

even though thats funny. i just thought that was it ok that i couldnt read the text but the picture other than that is fine.

just hard to read text like you said.

Would there be a better alternative as far as connection becasue i have a VGA OUT on my Laptop but i dont have a screen with VGA in

if i had a screen with VGA in would it be a much clearer image as far as TEXT?

Comment

here's the final answer on this one.

VGA = good
                non-VGA = ****

take your pick.
                iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

ok thank you

so basically with this "RCA input " screen i should just run something less streessful on it like a dvd player or a N64.

and get a Screen with a VGA input ?

Comment

sell/throw away your ****ty RCA screen. Use a VGA screen for everything.
                    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Do yourself a favour and hook up your laptop to your current television. Now open up a webpage or any text file. Check out how ****ty that looks compared to your laptop monitor displayin the same text. Now picture your tv being 7" and how much ****tier the text will be.

I know you're trying to save a buck but we're trying to save you from putting hours into getting this into your car only to find you hate the results.

cheers,

Comment

ok thank you i thought that woudl be a better route to go anyway

i'll just use the screen i have for DVD player or something im not sure what though but ill definately buy a screen from Mp3car.com whcih would you suggest?

i was thinking the lilliput 7"

Originally posted by dsballer2000
                        Do yourself a favour and hook up your laptop to your current television. Now open up a webpage or any text file. Check out how ****ty that looks compared to your laptop monitor displayin the same text. Now picture your tv being 7" and how much ****tier the text will be.

I know you're trying to save a buck but we're trying to save you from putting hours into getting this into your car only to find you hate the results.

cheers,

Comment

Working...
                        X