Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hami 92A 9.2" LCD non-TS

Howdy all;

Just thought that I would chip in my two cents regarding this screen. Picked it up on Ebay a week or two ago. All in all not that bad a monitor (if I could get these pics to work that then you would be able to see what it looks like).

Here is the ebay link: Hami 9.2"

I haven't had all that much luck finding any kind of review or write up on this monitor or company for that matter. It's been mentioned here a few times but not many other places.

I did find one link in German that lists some conflicting information.

German spec page translated by Google (couldn't add the direct link, the link is near the bottom or the right)

Although the ebay ad does say that it can handle 1024x768, it just stretches the native incoming 800x480 which makes small text look like crap. It displays images a little better and if you up the font size, it is readable.

If I can find out how to set the resolution of my laptop vga out to 800x480 I'd probably be happier. As it is (project wise) only a small problem, I'd rather solve all the other issues I have and get the entire thing installed (or rigged as it were).

Before I wander too far off the topic of this thread. It's a cheap alternative to the others that I have seen online. I only paid roughly $200 CDN for it. And seeing as I won't be able to reach the monitor where it will be mounted it doesn't matter to me that there is no touchscreen. Also, I haven't been able to find a 3rd party touchscreen solution for that size, but again, not a problem in my case.

If anyone wants some more information or can offer any more infomation, please let me know.

Orbserver

Originally posted by Observer
    If I can find out how to set the resolution of my laptop vga out to 800x480 I'd probably be happier. As it is (project wise) only a small problem, I'd rather solve all the other issues I have and get the entire thing installed (or rigged as it were).
    Try using PowerStrip.
    Also, search for 800x480 in these forums, you'll find tons of discussion about the topic.
    That's a nice screen, pretty good for the money.
    For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
    Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
    Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

I recently bought two of these for my headrests (along with two aftermarket mounts that are hooked on the headrest posts). They work pretty nicely if run at 640x400. Much better than at 800x480. And running movies at 800x480 is wrong. 800x480 should mean that they're 1,6666666 and so on. But that's wrong. If you measure the viewable surface you'll se that they are actually 1,6, not 1,66666666 and so on.

The thing that annoys me with them (but I doubt that my kids will care much) is that they have a rather brutal light leak around the edges, especially the right side of one of them. I'm wondering if anything can be done with that. I have to turn down the brightness and contrast with PowerStrip, because the standard levels are far to bright, and the image looks very washed out. And brightness set on the monitor itself always reverts back to 50/50 when turning it on and off.
      Tor - The MediaSUV

Comment

Observer, I assume you are living in Canada as you mentionned the cost in CDN$ dollars; tell me, did that $200 include a hit from customs, or was with customs duties? Thanks.
        1998 Volvo V70 "Volputer"
        Worklog: planning and procurement.
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75505

Comment

Working...
        X