This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Bypassing Power Button On 7 Inch Touchscreen Monitor

Does anyone know how to bypass the power button on a 7 inch tft touchscreen monitor? I want it to power on with the ignition and power off when the car is turned off. I have wired it to the ignition power but i still have to push the button to power it on everytime i start the car.

J

I think you left caps lock on.

There is a thread in the lcd area that shows how to bypass it really simply. Just take a quick look in there, and I'm sure you'll find it!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Follow these step:
      1st: turn off the cap.
      2nd: post make model of the screen.
      3rd: wait for answer (if there is any)
      4th: search the forum or google for auto power on for the make and model of your screen.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
        Follow these step:
        1st: turn off the cap.
        2nd: post make model of the screen.
        3rd: wait for answer (if there is any)
        4th: search the forum or google for auto power on for the make and model of your screen.
        1st: i left caps lock on purpose... It prevents me from starting sentences with little letters... Like in your response.
        2nd: model is a generic 7 in tft touch screen from ebay. If i had a model or make i would have posted it.
        3rd: to stupid to reply to
        4th: i did or i wouldnt have wasted my time posting the question.

Bonus: if you are not a part of the solution... You are part of the problem.

J

Comment

Originally posted by jhart
          1ST: I LEFT CAPS LOCK ON PURPOSE... IT PREVENTS ME FROM STARTING SENTENCES WITH LITTLE LETTERS... LIKE IN YOUR RESPONSE.
          2ND: MODEL IS A GENERIC 7 IN TFT TOUCH SCREEN FROM EBAY. IF I HAD A MODEL OR MAKE I WOULD HAVE POSTED IT.
          3RD: TO STUPID TO REPLY TO
          4TH: I DID OR I WOULDNT HAVE WASTED MY TIME POSTING THE QUESTION.

BONUS: IF YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THE SOLUTION... YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

J
          Keeping acting like you are and see how many people help to slove you problem. GOD DAMN NOOB. Post the link of the screen where you got it from.

Comment

1ST: I LEFT CAPS LOCK ON PURPOSE... IT PREVENTS ME FROM STARTING SENTENCES WITH LITTLE LETTERS... LIKE IN YOUR RESPONSE.
            It also makes you look like you're yelling, which is far worse than someone not using proper capitalization.

2ND: MODEL IS A GENERIC 7 IN TFT TOUCH SCREEN FROM EBAY. IF I HAD A MODEL OR MAKE I WOULD HAVE POSTED IT.
            Kinda tough for anyone to help you with a product if we don't even know what that product is, don't you think?
            Maybe if you contact the ebay seller, they can provide you with the information. Maybe a photo or two?

3RD: TO STUPID TO REPLY TO
            Waiting just sucks, doesn't it?

4TH: I DID OR I WOULDNT HAVE WASTED MY TIME POSTING THE QUESTION.
            You have six posts on these forums. That's hardly enough time for anyone to get a feel for how you operate. Nobody here knows whether you're capable of searching the forums or whether you know what Google is.
            Don't revert to assholism just because you've been told to search, especially when you're the one who can not or does not provide details that are necessary to provide an assistance in your plight. It only lessens the likelihood of your receiving assistance from us.
            Remember that our purpose of participating on these forums is not to cater to n00bs (such as yourself), but to complete our own projects.

BONUS: IF YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THE SOLUTION... YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
            You should take your own bonus tip to heart.'
            Now let's do it this way... You can provide some details to allow those willing to be able to help diagnose your problem. If you decide that you still want to be an ******* about it, I'll lock the thread and give you a 1-day vacation.
            And please, for the love of all things good, stop with the all-caps typing. It really does make you look like an idiot, whether that's your intent or not. If that's your intent, then you're doing a fine job, but I don't think anyone ever intends to look like an idiot....
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Let me do you a favor and fix your posts.
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady
                Let me do you a favor and fix your posts.
                I like that better. Makes my virtual ears stop ringing from all the yelling.
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

1st: i left caps lock on purpose... It prevents me from starting sentences with little letters... Like in your response.
                  If you need help with your formatting you can copy your text and paste it in Microsoft word. Then do the following:
                  -Press Ctrl+A
                  -Click on the Format menu
                  -Click on Change Case...
                  -Select the Sentance Case radio button
                  -Press OK
                  Then copy that text over into the text box in your browser and click Submit Reply.

If you want any help I can hold your hand and walk you through it. I'll also set up a video conferance if you want.
                  AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                  Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                  Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                  -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Look, just because I have a limited number of posts doesnt mean I haven't been reading them for quite some time. The point of my latest post was that the reply I got was condescending and rude. You "HIGH POST COUNT" guys probably looked at my post numbers and figured some young guy who hadnt bothered to look for answers just wanted to read his own post. That wasnt the case. Sorry for YELLING but for crying out loud, grow up. Wouldn't have been easier to just not reply?

Comment

Seriously, with this attitude, you aren't getting help any where online or in real life. Sometime if you pretended to be an idiot, you will learn alot.
                      We are all here to help ourself and maybe others at the same time.
                      Without knowing WTF is the make and model of the screen, know one can help you. For an example. A Lilliput VGA screen with the same model, some can be program to auto on, while other have to do the hardware mod.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Can you (jhart), at least post a link to the eBay auction that you got it from. They keep the full page stored for 90 days I believe. If not, then a picture of it. If no camera then a link to some photo somewhere on the internet that looks like what you have. I know it must be out there somewhere!!!!

Comment

Look, just because I have a limited number of posts doesnt mean I haven't been reading them for quite some time. The point of my latest post was that the reply I got was condescending and rude. You "HIGH POST COUNT" guys probably looked at my post numbers and figured some young guy who hadnt bothered to look for answers just wanted to read his own post. That wasnt the case. Sorry for YELLING but for crying out loud, grow up. Wouldn't have been easier to just not reply?
                          Considering that the answer (at least for some models of screens) has been on these forums just waiting to be found by someone who actually is willing to put forth a minimum of effort for at least two years.

The point of us being condescending and rude is twofold:
                          1) You have no details to provide that would help anyone offer any assistance (that or you think we're ******* mind readers and expect us to know what screen you have)
                          2) You expect that we're just going to lay the **** down and give you an answer when the answer is probably right here under your nose for you to find.

These forums don't revolve around the wants & needs of jhart. They don't revolve around mine, xBrady's or even those of Zip-Lock, who runs the whole show (or most of it, at least).

Find your own answers or provide details so someone can help you.
                          Thread closed.
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
                          X