NEC LCD Good Option?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC LCD Good Option?

Hey I have seen these lcds up on ebay for a while now.

Fujitsu 8.5" LCD

They seem to have 31 pins (so it would appear to work with allen rubles controller) but when I try to look up any information on it I get nothing. I dont know if it is 12 bit, 16 bit or even 18 bit. If anyone has any information on this lcd please post about it. I am really interested in getting one as I already have my allen ruble controller card.

I have seen them also - I can't find anything on them....several search engines and NEC's site - nothing....

- Jeff
    95 Mustang GT Convertible
    87 Mustang GT Convertible
    My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

I got one of these.... just for the heck of it I also got a Kyocera 7.75" DSTN screen since its pin-out is the same as the kyocera 10" I currently have... just something to play with

-Ryan
      -- WireSix, Inc. --
      MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2012293910 thats one of the Kyocera screens I have... they are known to work with Allen's controller since they also work with my advantech 5862

-Ryan
        -- WireSix, Inc. --
        MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

what bit is that? 12 bit?

Comment

BTW found this for the kyocera http://home.nikocity.de/woe/lcd/kcs6448.pdf The nice datasheet but I cant find bitrate on there

Comment

Great, thanks for the info!

- Jeff
              95 Mustang GT Convertible
              87 Mustang GT Convertible
              My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

I just bought one. Has it worked for anyone?

Comment

if you are talking about the Fujitsu lcd... you better try and unload it fast... they are worthless.... if you want to do some serious "hacking" you may be able to get it to work but I've spoken to people from fujitsu from here to Cali, to NY, to Germany to the UK to Japan NOBODY has any information on the screen it was produced sometime from '96 - '98 and they have 0 information on it chances are its a 12-bit tft

-Ryan
                  -- WireSix, Inc. --
                  MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

Working...
                  X