Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DennisK Sharp lqd161 eBay kit owners READ!!!!! Colors were wrong - How to rehook up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DennisK Sharp lqd161 eBay kit owners READ!!!!! Colors were wrong - How to rehook up.

After messing with almost everything possible I finally figured out what is wrong.

The Colors are not hooked up properly on my Hirose cable so I rewired it. Took me about 5-10 minutes to rewire it.

After fixing it, the picture looks so sweet. I'm so glad it works. I knew 12 bit looked awesome with DVD's. I bet if you put my 12 bit next to a 18 bit you couldn't tell the difference unless you were a robot.

So if anyone has any questions about the hook up I got it down now. It's easy to pop the pins out and rewire them with a needle.

This is how they were.

LCD - COntroller
    R3 to R5
    R2 to R4
    R1 to R3
    R0 to R2
    etc...

That is incorrect becasue the controller has 8 bits. supports up to 24 bit color.

This is how it should be for the LQ9D161

LCD to Controller:
    R3 to R7
    R2 to R6
    R1 to R5
    R0 to R4
    etc...same for other colors.

O yeah Spring break ,, the screen fits ferfectly under my stereo in my double din. This is gonna be awesome... Can;t wait to play Winamp Visualizations as I cruise down the road,,, but I don;t want to crash so I'll be careful.
    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
    GPSing - Digital Speedo
    Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
    Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

excellent work man... i havent had the chance to hook it up yet...

im lazy, remember...

~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Maybe I was given bad information but I have just wired the screen and it doesn't have a stable picture. Only a couple of lines actually show. I double checked every connection on both the Hirose and the VGA and it is correct according to the info I got off of this site. Also the specs for pinout of Allens controller show all 31 pins and no R7, B7 or G7. It only goes as high as R5 etc..

Have there been different controllers sold by Allen with different pinouts. If so could someone send me info on the last ones he just sold.

Also is there any procedure once everything is powered up? I mean do you have to play around with the buttons on the controller?

I'm so close I can taste it. Just need more info.

Comment

Leslie,
        Congrats!

Sleeka,
        I think the pinout for Allens controller is correct. That's what I had to do to get the LQ9D161 working.
        LCD - Controller
        R3 to R5
        R2 to R4
        R1 to R3
        R0 to R2
        etc...

As you noticed there is no R6 or R7 on the Allen controller.

I think Leslie is talking about the controller that is provided with the DennisK kit that he sells for an additinal $200 or so.

With the Allen controller and the LQ9D161, DVDs really don't look that good. Especially compared to my LQ10D367 where the picture looks great. I thought that must have been the limit of the LCD but maybe there's a limit on the how good the picture looks with the Allen controller and LQ9D161 together. Or there could just be something wrong with my set up. Hopefully it's not the Hirose cable if there is a problem.

Maybe with the DennisK LCD controller DVD pictures look better. If that's true than the DennisK controller maybe worth the extra money. But the Allen controller paired up with an LQ10D367 looks great with DVDs.

And yes sleeka, you do need to play around with the buttons to get the horizontal sync, vertical and horizontal position. It's kind of tricky and took me a while to figure out which buttpns to push to increase and decrease the settings.

You're very close so keep trying.

Pigseye

Comment

Here is the pinouts for my tft controller
          www.sounddomain.com/id/2000mp3ranger

Mp3 player - 10.4 Allbrite Gigabyte GA-71XEH , 700 mgz t-bird , coolmaster fan , 2x 128 ram + 1 512ram , ATI-RAEON RV100 ,on bd sound , Linksys Wireless-B usb network adapter , 20G IBM TRAVELSTAR

Comment

Allen any extra controllers for sale?
            I wanna play with one.
            SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
            GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

This is driving me crazy. I would like to start a new topic but the LCD forum is already taken over by this screen.

Playing with it some more I managed to get a crazy scatter picture. You can't make out anything, it's just horizontally scattered lines. The bad thing is that this only happens when I am touching the circuit board for the controller on the surface mount capacitors (C80 in particular). When I take my finger off the capacitor the picture freezes and slowly fades. While pressing on the capacitor I was able to adjust the contrast so I now understand how the buttons are used. No matter how many times I have tried altering the settings with the push buttons, nothing seems to work.

I was wondering if I needed to tie all the grounds together on the LCD so I hooked them all together and still nothing. To me it seems like a ground problem but no stable picture is confusing me.

Any tips I may be missing?

Comment

Can you post your wire connections from the CN1 (1-31) to the LCD's hirose connections?

You should have 4 wires that are not hooked up to anything and are dangling from the LCD. These are test wires.

The rest of the wires which are not used on the LCD should be grounds.

On my Digital View controller there was odd and even data bits. I used the odd data bits and never even touched the even data bits.

So you should have R5 on the controller going to R3 on the screen. etc...

How is DOS boot up? If that's not clear, then somethings wrong.

Can you take some pictures?
                GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

The 4 extra grounds on the lcd I tied in with the other grounds. I had my display setting at 32 bit but as far as I know that should screw up my colors on screen but I am not even getting an actual image.

Comment

Does the boot screen (DOS) show?

Like can you see it intializing and detecting your proc?
                    GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

ok i have a allen's LCD controller and LQ9D02C LCD (12bit)

i hooked up everything like pigseye mentioned ... the windows looks good ... but while playing DVD ...

so any idea what can be done ..

Comment

Sleeka,
                        Check your pinouts again. Confirm they match your controller and the LCD.

Then check your hirose cable, ensure that the right pins are connected to each other with a VOM, then ensure there are no shorts across pins.

I had the same exact behavior with Allens controller and the LQ9D161 until I figured out I hooked it up wrong.

Pigseye

Comment

Mastero,
                          Can you take a photo of what your DVD's look like?
                          My DVD's look viewable and not bad at all.
                          Maybe it's just Allens controller compared to my digital view controller?
                          GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

leslie do you feel like a trade ?? !

mail me ...!

(ALLEN's) Datalux controler for Digital view controller?

Comment

Mastero,

You are kidding right?
                              My controller is 10x's better and supports up to 24 bits.
                              Your's (Allens) supports up to 18bits.

My controller I have the OSD controls and all.
                              If you wanted the Digital View you should have dished out $300.00 instead of buying the <$100.00 Allen Ruble controller.

More like, you wanna trade your Mercedes for my Lude?
                              GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Working...
                              X