Help -- 9" 4:3 Lcd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help -- 9" 4:3 Lcd?

So I have heard many good things about the mp3car forums, and have just now whipped up an account. Glad to be here.

With that said, I need some help from the guys that know better than I do!
    I have been looking far and wide (and far again and wide again) for a fullscreen (4:3 ratio) LCD screen that is just 9" diagonal... not 8.4 inches, not 10.4 inches, and not a 9" widescreen, but 9" fullscreen! Doesn't necessarily need to be touchscreen or of excellent picture or extremely high resolution (maybe 800x600 would be nice)...

A 10.4 inch screen would fill the opening that I have to use, but would be partially eclipsed by the mounting surface... an 8.4 inch screen would fit, but would leave about 1/3" on either side, leading to an awkward border that I would have to fabricate. Crap!

I know something like this exists out there somewhere, I just can't seem to find it. eBayers only sell the aforementioned 8.4", 9" widescreen, and 10.4" screens.

Any direction would be much appreciated.

bump...little help?
    Maybe a 10.2 or 10.4" screen that could adjust the width and height of the picture...? Not sure if such a thing is possible, but it would work...

Comment

what is the size of your opening?
      do you plan on using a bezel for the monitor, or just mounting the panel/components?

Comment

I actually can't seem to find a suitable 10.4"/10.2" drop down VGA.
        If anyone knows of one (preferably touchscreen, but not 100% necessary, as overlay can be used) could they please point me in the right direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Un_discovered
          I actually can't seem to find a suitable 10.4"/10.2" drop down VGA.
          If anyone knows of one (preferably touchscreen, but not 100% necessary, as overlay can be used) could they please point me in the right direction?

uh... those are literally everywhere... search for "lcd 10" on ebay and you will find dozens, and I even saw a 10.4" touchscreen flipdown on one site...

On a slightly different note, the reason I need a 9" LCD is because I literally have a 9" opening. I will probably have to settle for a 10 and lose some screen area around the sides, which won't be a huge deal for what I am using it for... but it would be much cleaner to have a properly sized screen.

Comment

to get the exact sized screen of your opening may prove impossible.... if your choices are too large or too small I would only consider the to large if you can open up the area for full view.... it will be frustraiting to have areas not visable I think... unless maybe just cutting the top a little & then making custom skin.... but I would think you'd be better off going with slightly smaller... the fabrication there will be minimal....
            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Yeah I just thought maybe something would exist between 8-10 inches...?
              The opening could probably be widened a bit, which would leave maybe 1/2" border of non-visible screen around the edges... the alternative would be about 2/3" of gap to close... ick.

Comment

what does the dash look like?

Comment

a really nice way to use a screen smaller than the opening is to recess & angle the screen up, then the "fill" can be tappered to look oem... I'll find a picture of one of mine to show you what I mean...

Comment

here's a not so good picture of what I mean.... this can be a nice way to install what you want...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X