Touch Screen question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Screen question

I have 10.4 screen from earthlcd (sk-2009R kit) with touch screen I got it from ebay (cyber touch) .
    well touch screen works but it's not working well as I hoped. First, the touch screen is not sensitive , I have to push it little hard to make it work and it's not accurate. ( it's hard to press close window button-on my 10.4 screen- it kept click on minimize button)

I was wondering if all touch screens have these problems or just mine? and if I want to change the touch screen, which model would be good? I want touch screen that sensitive as PDA such as palm screen .

Thank you for your help.

I have the Microtouch screen and controller. It is capacitative.

I like the software alot, and is really accurate and easy to use. I enlarged button sizes to make them easier to press.

MicroTouch aka 3M.

I think ELOtouchsystems is good too, but I haven't tried it.
    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
    GPSing - Digital Speedo
    Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
    Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

I have a 9.5" sanyo w/ earthlcd touch screen and the sofware has a sensitivity adjustment. Have you looked on the cyber touch web for updated software with this feature? if not look to another manufacture and try if their software will work w/ your screen.
      If you come out talking sh1t don't try to turn around and wipe you azz.

Comment

Originally posted by jboy
        I have a 9.5" sanyo w/ earthlcd touch screen and the sofware has a sensitivity adjustment. Have you looked on the cyber touch web for updated software with this feature? if not look to another manufacture and try if their software will work w/ your screen.
        well I'm using earthlcd touch screen software too, where is the sensitivity adjustment controller?

and how is the earthlcd touch screen?

Comment

The elo intellitouch system is AMAZING. It works by interference. It detects when there is something between the two sides of the screen, not pressure on the screen. The part that goes over the screen is actually just flat glass, no wires inside or anything.

It has like a 60hz refresh, and is accurate to the pixel

Too bad they're like $300 ( retail )
          www.arbybean.com

Comment

I have a datalux 10.4" resistive touchscreen and it's very accurate. I believe it also uses the microtouch controller. Although I believe the reason some may think its not as accurate, is that if you put your finger on the screen, it presses an area much greater size than the size of 1 pixel, so if u press multiple times in the same place the pointer won't go to the same exact location every time. Of course my solution to this was simply make the windows buttons bigger

Comment

ELO is awesome

I have the ELO Touch. Very nice. Nice solid chunck of glass, (pretty thick) and like arby said.....very very accurate!

I recommend it. I have a 10.4" Touch screen system

Comment

thanks for your help guys.
                I guess I have to change my touch screen, I guess it got defect or somthing.

But I have one more question, I have earthlcd sk-2009R kit which a lcd controller has built-in touch screen controller.
                Do you think I could just get touch glass and use it with this controller? or just get seperate touch and controller?

what does a controller do? Does it just convert signal and send it to PC ? or does it somthing to do with accuracy and sensitively?
                I just want to save some money if I can

and does anyone have experience with earthlcd touch? or what is good touch for <$200 (10.4") ?

once again. thank for your help

Comment

I have an earthlcd 12.1" in my truck and the elo intellitouch touchscreen. It really is amazing and works very well with my mac setup, unfortunately they probably will not upgrade their drivers to MacOSX, so beware.

Comment

Working...
                  X