Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TView 8" only shows for a few seconds and disappears ... HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TView 8" only shows for a few seconds and disappears ... HELP!

Hey guys, I'm new here and just received my TView 8" screen from eBay and I am having trouble getting it to show a picture.

When I connect the VGA input or an RCA input, the screen shows up for only half a second and then disappears, as if the display turns off (it's still on, just doesnt show anything). I have tried all kinds of resolutions and also the AV inputs, and still having the same problem (even when I connect a camcorder to the AV input) the image shows for a second and then goes blank.

Am I doing something wrong or is the monitor defective? I've searched but havent found threads specifically about this. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!
    '04 GTI
    Nothing yet

Plans:
    8" TView widescreen
    Laptop conversion
    Alpine head
    a lot of other stuff

FS: 1999 Jetta VR6, 5 spd, 76K miles, Need to sell, $6500 OBO - SoCal

As far as I can see, I'd try a couple more things you might not have thought of:
    1) Be sure the the LCD is getting enough power. Use a clean +12V DC 1A Power Adapter.
    2) When in VGA mode, check that you're outputting the signal at 60Hz.
    [Right Click on Desktop --> Properties --> Settings --> Advanced --> Monitor --> Screen Refresh Rate]
    For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
    Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
    Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

The output signal is at 60Hz. Regarding the power, I was using an AC - DC computer power supply, testing it showed it gives out around 13.9volts. A short manual that came with the TView states that proper power should be 12V, with a +/- 15% toleration. 13.9 volts is right on the edge there, so maybe I'm overpowering it and that's what is causing the problem?

I'll try and see if I can power it from a clean 12V source. Thanks for the quick response, by the way. I really appreciate it.
      '04 GTI
      Nothing yet

Plans:
      8" TView widescreen
      Laptop conversion
      Alpine head
      a lot of other stuff

Comment

I tried connecting it to a battery (11.9Volts) and same problem. I'm guessing it's probably the monitor.

From the feedback it looks like the seller provides very good customer service, and he told me to send it back and he'll send a new one, so I'm sending this one back.
        '04 GTI
        Nothing yet

Plans:
        8" TView widescreen
        Laptop conversion
        Alpine head
        a lot of other stuff

Comment

Well, they sent me another one and still the same problem, even when I connect a Video input like a camera, same problem, only this one seems to appear for a bit longer ..... any ideas?
          '04 GTI
          Nothing yet

Plans:
          8" TView widescreen
          Laptop conversion
          Alpine head
          a lot of other stuff

Comment

Working...
          X