Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I have to do to get a native res on a 7"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I have to do to get a native res on a 7"?

Ok, so I have a Lilliput 7" and a via MII12000. This is obviously the worst possible combination of hardware to get if you ever have hopes of getting native resolution running.

I'm at the point now where I'm sick of dealing with this, and am going to just swap everything out if I have to.

My question is, what is the cheapest way for me to get a native resolution running on my system?

Is it swapping out the pc? The LCD? Or, as I would assume, both? I have to stick with a 7" LCD (I'm not ripping the dash apart on my 350Z for a f***ing screen.)

What is the best hardware that everyone can recommend for this type of install?

I'd prefer to stick with the LCD in the dash if possible (which I doubt) because it took a lot of man hours to get that thing in there.

If I have to replace the PC, I'm just going to build a shuttle rather than going with this VIA garbage.

Another question is, has anyone had any problems arrise while running a non-via PC in the glove box of a 350Z, mainly overheating? I am actually surprised that I haven't and was wondering if anybody has had problems with other types of mobos & cases.

For those that don't know, the 350Z glove box is behind the passenger seat, and is about 1.5" x 1" and about 1.5" deep.

Swap out the LCD? For what, a 4:3 LCD?

What you need is a video chipset that acutally can push out 16:9 resolution. There a number of PCI/AGP cards (I use a GeForce2 MX400) that can do that, and some motherboards with onboard video that can do that, too (like the GeForce board... NOTHING with SiS will do it). What you pick is up to you. Cheapest way? just get a PCI card for your current system, but I don't know if it fits for you.

BTW, that's a damn small glove box

-psyrex
    Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
    Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
    Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
    Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
    ...it never ends

Comment

You can try getting a riser card for the pci video card. But thats a small space so I dunno if the riser card can do the trick, may need to build a new computer with an oboard card that supports it.

350z installs are cool...wait no.. 350z's are cool... 350z + install /me faints.

I think someone on here put the computer behind the screen (G35) , assuming you installed behind that flippy box thing on the dash.

Goodluck !
      Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

Comment

Working...
      X