Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lilliput 7" TS will not fit in my opening with the bezel attached...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lilliput 7" TS will not fit in my opening with the bezel attached...

but will fit if take it out of the bezel and somehow mount just the screen in a custom made wood housing i will have to fabricate... question is, will this work? does the lillput need the houseing to be able to run? sorry if this is a stupid question.. I dont know much about the electronics except for the basics, and dont have a lilliput yet to look inside.

So you want to know if you can open the Lilliput bezel and it will still work?

If so then you need to search a bit and look through worklogs.

Most people need to hack apart their screens to get it to fit. The housing is just where everything is screwed onto to look pretty. I'm sure through searching you will find that the most common way is choppiung off the buttons (because they are rarely needed), and then placing the IR sensor somewhere for remote control. That should make it fit.

Take a look in the Fabrication area and it will give you many options. You can use wood like you said, or even epoxy it it place, and bondo it to look really nice. The more time you take on it the better it will look, and it is the part that people see the most, so take your time!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forums.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

thanks alot, im a vet of other automotive forums and know how annoying..

it is when people ask questions like this, so i really appreciate the honest response. problem is im at work and cant be browsing through the search all day!!

Comment

What kind of car is this going in? I had the same problem with my double din in my Audi A4. I decided to cut the buttons off and lose that panel all together. I will be relocating the IR sensor and have the perfect little card holder drawer for the remote. Check out my worklog for pics of the screen bezel minus the buttons. I bought a project housing from www.digitalww.com for $15 shipped, that way I could build my housing and still bench test everything. Then after bench testing, I just need to mod and mount the LCD. Good luck with your project...
        ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Rain
          it is when people ask questions like this, so i really appreciate the honest response. problem is im at work and cant be browsing through the search all day!!
          Don't you have one of those "kill button" apps? When you see someone coming, you push the designated key, and poof! Screen is filled with Excel charts and numbers, and your email box in a corner. Works like a charm.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by Puffanug
            What kind of car is this going in? I had the same problem with my double din in my Audi A4. I decided to cut the buttons off and lose that panel all together. I will be relocating the IR sensor and have the perfect little card holder drawer for the remote. Check out my worklog for pics of the screen bezel minus the buttons. I bought a project housing from www.digitalww.com for $15 shipped, that way I could build my housing and still bench test everything. Then after bench testing, I just need to mod and mount the LCD. Good luck with your project...
            actually ironically i also have a double din Audi A4 (2001)!

Comment

It's work just fine without the case.
              Just remember/pay attention to the orentation of ALL connectors. Snapshot all of them before you take them apart. It's help when you will have problem later.
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
              X