Aftermarket nav/transreflective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket nav/transreflective

Just wondering if aftermarket in-dash units from Clarion and Pioneer have transreflective screens? If so, I wonder where one could obtain OEM style screens used in those... Anyone have one they dare open to see who makes the screen?

About 2/3rds of my screen reflects my sunroof and I cannot see the screen, it turns into a mirror and I cannot use my sunroof

I don't think they're transflective.. Not the ones i've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahntassa
      I don't think they're transflective.. Not the ones i've seen.
      Not transflective, just extra bright. I tink the Sony PSOne LCD screen compares favorably in brightness with the aftermarket screens that I've seen. In fact, I consider the PSOne to be sunlight readable in most situations (except direct glare or sunlight of course...)

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm
        Not transflective, just extra bright. I tink the Sony PSOne LCD screen compares favorably in brightness with the aftermarket screens that I've seen. In fact, I consider the PSOne to be sunlight readable in most situations (except direct glare or sunlight of course...)
        The reason the PSone screen is "sunlight readable" because it doesn't have a TS infront. If it is, it will be in the same bar as other TS monitor (Lilliput or Xernac...)
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

The screen on the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 is a transflective panel. I havent personally seen the AVIC-Z1 in action, but the documentation states that the screen is a transflective panel. I dont know if they treat the touchscreen with the same AR and polarizer like with FPD's enhancement but I would assume that they do otherwise I cant see how it would be readable.
          ----------------------------------------------
          Civiputer: Dont have one anymore, but here is what is used to be!

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
            The reason the PSone screen is "sunlight readable" because it doesn't have a TS infront. If it is, it will be in the same bar as other TS monitor (Lilliput or Xernac...)
            That's correct. After I attached my touchscreen to my PSone screen, it sucks.
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

I think I will have to ditch the carputer for now, maybe even take the screen out of the car now that the nice weather is here

Comment

Originally posted by sebberry
                I think I will have to ditch the carputer for now, maybe even take the screen out of the car now that the nice weather is here
                You don't have to ditch the carputer altogether. Just ditch the TS or do the transflective upgrage.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I went to Fry's Electronics and they had the Z1 it was the best looking double din they had no glare, what so ever, I even shined a bright light on it still perfect, it also has HDD built in now cool

Comment

A couple of my friends have the z1 in their cars and still have glare issues when the sun hits the monitor at certain angles, but its easily fixed by changing the tilt position

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder
                      That's correct. After I attached my touchscreen to my PSone screen, it sucks.
                      I'd like to see pics of that...seriously. Because if that's true, then touchscreens cuts lumens by much more than the 25% that is generally claimed around here.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                        You don't have to ditch the carputer altogether. Just ditch the TS or do the transflective upgrage.
                        Ditching the touchscreen kinda defeats the purpose.... doing the upgrade costs more than I have...

Comment

Working...
                        X