Xo-Vision Video Amp troubles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xo-Vision Video Amp troubles

Ok. I just finished hooking up my headrest LCDs. I have them hooked up to a Xo-Vision Amp9 and it gets its input from the computers S-Video out.

My problem is, one headrest is getting a color picture and the other is getting a black and white picture! The settings are all correct on the monitor, I even tried hooking up 6 other monitors and they all got black and white pictures... does anyone know whats going on???? I can't figure this out...
    1999 Lexus GS300- (going VIP)
    1993 Lexus SC300-Turbo (Totaled by idiot driver)
    1996 Lexus SC400- (Totaled by brother)
    1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)
    1994 Toyota Camry- (sold)

I have never seen that happen before. What kind of adaptar are you using? I would try just getting a 1-2 rca line and hook it to the known good plug. It could be a problem with the cable too.
    Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
    planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
    parts___[++++++----] around 60%
    install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

Originally posted by Haystack
      I have never seen that happen before. What kind of adaptar are you using? I would try just getting a 1-2 rca line and hook it to the known good plug. It could be a problem with the cable too.
      It's just a straight RCA cable that goes to the Video Amp.

I tried using different cables and i still get the same problem, only that one screen will display colors with any cable and any output I use.

All the rest display no color at all.
      1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)

Comment

I mean have you tried splitting the one good signal to both monitors?

Comment

Oh I see. Honestly I dont know what to tell you then.

Comment

Originally posted by Haystack
            I mean have you tried splitting the one good signal to both monitors?
            Thats the thing.

The one LCD that I get color from, I can plug it into any of the 7 outputs and it will get color. But when I do the same for the other LCDS it doesnt work. So splitting wouln't really help.

The monitors cant be b/w becuase they say they are color and one of them has a color setting option in the menu... So I don't know...

I'm thinking it could be something with the video amp only letting one get color... I could try splitting it anyway and see if that has any effect... Let me go dig a splitter up.
            1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)

Comment

Splitter didnt work, same one got color the other got b/w
              1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)

Comment

Ok so here's the situation now.

I took the video amp inside, powered it up and hooked up two of the LCD's using the TV-out on my Geforce-5200FX. At first there was a black and white screen but then i fiddled with something and it turned to color! So I plugged in another and another and color after color!!!!

This leaves me to conclude that it may NOT be the amp, it may in fact have to do with my videocard in the car settings.

The video card in the car is a PCI ATI Radeon7000...

Would anyone have any idea on what settings I should fiddle with now? Or any software that might help me out? I'm gonna try using UltraMon tomorrow and see if that will do anything...

I tried changing the refresh rates, I tried using PAL and NTSC... niether of those worked...
                1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)

Comment

You are sure that both screen work fine? Have you test both of them separately? Do both takes the same video format? I'll be suprise to see one LCD takes NTSC while the other talking PAL.

The output setting doesn't really mater. If one screen work while the other doesn't, there is something wrong with the screen.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by Curry
                    I even tried hooking up 6 other monitors and they all got black and white pictures.

Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I saw the word SVideo in the first post, exactly how do you have everything connected? Are you using a SVid - Composite adapter (little cable or round barrel looking thing)?

You may have to mess with the saturation settings in the display settings, maybe the monitors aren't getting enough of a saturation signal?

Did you say you bypassed the amp completely and went directly into EACH monitor? Did they still show up in b/w or full color?

Comment

I use the s-video to composite connector.

Now as I mentioned. I hooked the amp up to my computer inside and tried all the screens and they ALL gave me a color picture, it was set to NTSC. So it could either be the ATI...

But I individually tested each monitor on NTSC and they are all working in color and I tested them all at the same time.
                        1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)

Comment

The LCD's are all Xo-Vision 12 Volt DC

2- 5 inch
                          2- 5.6 inch
                          2- 7 inch
                          1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                            You are sure that both screen work fine? Have you test both of them separately? Do both takes the same video format? I'll be suprise to see one LCD takes NTSC while the other talking PAL.

The output setting doesn't really mater. If one screen work while the other doesn't, there is something wrong with the screen.
                            1. I tested each screen with multiple cables on each output in the car

2. I tested all the screens with multiple cables on each output in the car all at once.

3. I tested each screen with multiple cables on each output at home

4. I tested all the screens with multiple cables on each output at home all at once.

All LCD's were tested on both PAL and NTSC. They are all NTSC.
                            1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)

Comment

I FIXED IT! Sorta... Aparrently it seems to be the video card, one LCD is STILL going black and white so I am returning it for another.

I brought the EVIL ATI card inside and tried everything was still b/w. Except that one LCD... So then I tried my GE-Force 5200 FX AGP card and everything worked flawlessly... So when I order my new motherboard/CPU I will order the geforce fx 5200 to go with it, I'm just worried it may not work with my M2-ATX power supply...
                              1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X