HELP!! lcd problem...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! lcd problem...

okay well, i have a 10.4" lilliput and i only received the wall adapter for it. So I spliced that off and hardwired it into my car. Well when i did that i heard a pop then smelt an electrical burn. I opened it up to discover a blown capacitor, so i bought some new cap's and soldered it in. Well now, i plug it in and the unit gets power but the screen shows absolutely nothing, no lighting, nothing! I know the touchscreen part still works though.....any ideas?

Ive been looking for some kind of support for Lilliput my self.
    All I can find is an international number.
    Any advice ?

Comment

Originally posted by white3geclipseg
      okay well, i have a 10.4" lilliput and i only received the wall adapter for it. So I spliced that off and hardwired it into my car. Well when i did that i heard a pop then smelt an electrical burn. I opened it up to discover a blown capacitor, so i bought some new cap's and soldered it in. Well now, i plug it in and the unit gets power but the screen shows absolutely nothing, no lighting, nothing! I know the touchscreen part still works though.....any ideas?
      Well, you haven't provided a lot of information for anyone to go on. A model number would help tremendously. Also, the wall wart that you have, what do the numbers say on it for voltage and amperage.

How do you know that you didn't burn out other components besides that one cap. What about a fuse, it might have one. If a cap burnt up, most likely other things burned as well.

The touchscreen is a USB device and most likely gets power from the US Bus, and has nothing to do with the LCD and LCD controller,so it will work even if the screen is fried.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

yeah - knwoing what the wall wart requirements are is a pretty good start to getting help from us!

let us know what it says
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
        X