PSOne LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSOne LCD

Can I connect the PSOne LCD to my computer. If yes the please tell me how to do it.

thanks
    [email protected]

Absolutely! You can certainly hack the PSOne LCD for use with your computer. Probably the most helpful and well-known site for the hack can be found at BitTech .

It's a smaller screen but it does have a great picture to it.

Comment

Originally posted by sohaibma
      Can I connect the PSOne LCD to my computer. If yes the please tell me how to do it.

thanks
      Just search for PSOne Mod on this forum and you are good to go. If it return too many result, narrow it down to either users startfox, mpro and hell yeah ... me too.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

another good resource: http://starfox.ucc.asn.au/carcomp/data/PSOneLCD.pdf
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

ooooh, brings back memories

Comment

ooooh, and they're good memories of cheap ( got two of mine for ~ $40 at Best Buy) and sunlight readable (ok, maybe not in a convertible in Texas in the summer).

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

How about http://tidder.rudyatek.com/lcd/

Good hardware side of the mod. And by no other than myself. Yay.

EDIT: Uh-oh, it's down again... what a sad day it is.

EDIT #2: Moved it to my site. Link is now http://www.dynamic-i.com/lcd/

EDIT #3: The only thing I'm missing that I should add are VGA pinout pics and stuff. That would be good. Anybody have anything to offer me?
              Tidder

Try RevFE
              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

hi, it mentions a secondary video card - why does it need a secondary video card please?

Comment

Originally posted by dave bev
                  hi, it mentions a secondary video card - why does it need a secondary video card please?
                  Well, one reason is that unless your primary card has a dual output, it's going to be difficult to test if your modificaitions to the PSOne work without unplugging your primary monitor and plugging in the modded PSOne.

But the real reason is that the modded PSOne requires a video card that allows one to make several adjustments to the output signal that many video card drivers do not support/card doesn't allow. I'm not sure of the specfics, but it has to do with composite sync, whatever that means. If you read the various how-to threads, you'll find that each modded PSOne requires some specific fine-tuning of the video card settings...settings that work for one person often don't work for the next.

Hope that helps...

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

I also started this mode and i have 3 Questions:

1.riva tnt will do or only with ttl circuit?
                    2.can i flash the setting to the vga card chip so i can also boot from the psone lcd?
                    3.I have a vga cable and every cable is in a diffrent color, is there anyone that find a diagram for what every color is?

I understand that the ones that really can help in this mode are starfox,mpro,tidder,masterpc.

i will really apriciate the help...

Comment

Originally posted by iNqUiSiTiVe
                      3.I have a vga cable and every cable is in a diffrent color, is there anyone that find a diagram for what every color is?
                      sorry that I apparently can't help you on this.

I did a quick google though and found this:

http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_VGA_PinOuts.html

But since I can't help you on this, I guess it's of no use
                      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

can i use the lcd audio?
                        is it ever been done?
                        if it hard to do from the wires or pbc what do i need to wire directly to the speekers to hear the pc audio(I understand to put directly the wire from the pc its not enough

Comment

Why are you wanting to get sound out of the monitor?
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

why?? those 2 speakeers seem nice why not?

Comment

in a car environment I don't think they will sound as nice as you're thinking.

They are tiny speakers to begin with and have very little power going to them.

What would you play through them? The sound for the computer? Meaning your MP3s and movies?
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X