Xenarc color problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc color problems

So I am fitting my Xenarc 700TSV screen into my stock gauge bezel and had to dissasemble the xenarc screen and solder wires inbetween a connections inside the housing to make it fit the stock bezel. Well in all that soldering I must have messed something up because now it looks like this:

Im thinking I messed up one of the color channels but im not sure which one. Also, provided thats the problem, what wires should I look at as the culprits? I unsoldered the smaller board from my xenarc screen and extended it and that could be where the problem is. Any suggestions on what wire or what to do???
    What can I say, I love Volvos:
    Volvo 740 with 5.0 mustang conversion (totaled)
    Volvo 740 stock (sold)
    Volvo 940se (sold)
    Volvo 850 T-5R yellow (sold)
    Volvo S70 T5SE
    Volvo C70
    Volvo 850R with a long list of mods

To get magenta you mix red and blue. Since anything that should show white is showing magenta in your image, that means the green channel is off.

I would suggest re-soldering all of your connections. Maybe you have a dry joint somewhere (i.e. looks like it is soldered, but isn't really). Given it runs off 12V you can open it up while switched on and poke around.

My in-dash screen recently did something similar. The flexible ribbon cable that connects the screen to the board inside the fixed part of the unit was not properly located. I had only the blue channel at one point. Relocated the cable and that fixed it.
    EZSync - http://www.richmet.com/ezsync

Comment

Anyone know what pin is the green channal?
      Volvo 740 stock (sold)
      Volvo 940se (sold)
      Volvo S70 T5SE
      Volvo C70

Comment

take a standart VGA 15 pin connector pinout, trace from there the G (Green) pin and you will find it
        -------------------------------------------------
        BMW X5 Carputer Project
        Finished: 85%
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

Comment

I found the wiring diagram, I traced the signal through the daughter board on the xenarc and it seemed fine to the point it goes to the main board. I decided to resolder my cable, so I removed it and did a much more thorough job of soldering it together. Still no green channel. Im thinking some sort of static discharge damaged the main board. I really dont know. Im at my wits end here and Im about to try purchasing another main board from xenarc cause I dont know where else the problem could be.

The screen still shows white in the menu and stuff, so it has to be something with the signal in, but I dont know what. I have a car show this weekend and was hoping to show off my carpc, but now it looks like ill have to wait a few weeks or months. damn it.
          Volvo 740 stock (sold)
          Volvo 940se (sold)
          Volvo S70 T5SE
          Volvo C70

Comment

anyone guys? Im a poor college student who dosnt want to fork over the dough for a new mainboard.
            Volvo 740 stock (sold)
            Volvo 940se (sold)
            Volvo S70 T5SE
            Volvo C70

Comment

Working...
            X