Ok Guys, where do I mount the LCD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Guys, where do I mount the LCD?

Ok, I have the mp3 system in, I have the nice new stereo with Aux in in, yet I do not know where I can mount the LCD ( a 4x20) or the Ir-man. I am just at a freakin loss. I really don't want to cut up my dash much, so what can I do?
    What about one of those new fangled dealies that goes on the ceiling for mount like eq's and stuff? Anyone have one of those, and how much are they? Do you have to crane your neck to look at them? (my S-10 is kinda cramped).
    Anyone else have close to a 1992 S-10 and know what I can do?
    Thanks.
    Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
    Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
    In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Take some pictures of your LCD and dash and post them here. It's hard to visualize it when you don't know what you're looking at.
    Don't Click

Comment

Originally posted by Gutter
      Take some pictures of your LCD and dash and post them here. It's hard to visualize it when you don't know what you're looking at.
      Word
      My Install Thread
      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
      How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

How about a hood-mounted lcd? Like the GTO's of old with their hood-mounted tachs....
        Wouldn't have to cut up the dash, anyway!
        http://www.jeepmp3.com/
        CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
        Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Yeah, I put it on the roof.
          Now if I get ****ed and take it off, I can just go to a junk yard and buy a new roof piece.
          I originally had a nice happy square to just put the lcd down into, but then it was to high, and not pointed back enough at an angle, so I have to build up a little angle to it. Now it looks like crap, but hell, who wants to steal my truck anyways :-)
          Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
          Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
          In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Re: Ok Guys, where do I mount the LCD?

Originally posted by lstrunk
            What about one of those new fangled dealies that goes on the ceiling for mount like eq's and stuff? Anyone have one of those, and how much are they? Do you have to crane your neck to look at them?
            About the same as looking in the rear view mirror, I want to get one for the mini, but finding one small enougth is a bit of a problem.

Rob
            And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
            www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
            Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Working...
            X