X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Touchscreen on clearance at walmart

Walmart is clearance'ing a "kitchen computer" for $498, located here:
    Walmart Link

It's a full desktop computer, but it comes with a 12" touchscreen along with everything else. True, it's not ready to be stuck into your dashboard, but lots of people on here have taken apart their screens for custom fitting into their cars, so they might be interested in a 12" TS and a little DIY work.

'01
    Hang on while I defragment my car...

the Acura ITX project
    the Acura ITX skin for RoadRunner
    project progress: 99%

sweet, It even comes with an IR remote control

Slot load cd drive!

Here are the specs

12.1" LCD monitor TV/DVD/Audio CD/FM Radio, Home Video monitoring, Internet access for email, browsing, etc.
    Touch Screen for easy navigation
    CE.Net OS & Internet Explorer 5.5
    Washable keyboard and remote
    Broadband, Wi-Fi or modem
    Can communicate wirelessly with Beyond Appliances when they are used with a SANI Network Card
    Icebox has a dedicated mode for activating and selecting settings for the Beyond Microwave Oven, Bread Maker and Coffeemaker
    Online only
    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

The only thing which would really be a concern is the reflectivity of the screen. It probably has some of the same issues as most touchscreens in terms of glare, and since it's an online-only deal it will be difficult to judge that until you have it in hand. But still, considering that 10" screens alone go for over $700 this is a great deal just waiting to be dremel'ed.

'01
      Hang on while I defragment my car...

the Acura ITX project
      the Acura ITX skin for RoadRunner
      project progress: 99%

Comment

"Icebox has a dedicated mode for activating and selecting settings for the Beyond Microwave Oven, Bread Maker and Coffeemaker"

2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage
        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

finally i can control my breadmaker in my car, u kno, i've been asking about this, but no one seemed willing to help me..

Comment

Originally posted by 01black_ac
            The only thing which would really be a concern is the reflectivity of the screen. It probably has some of the same issues as most touchscreens in terms of glare, and since it's an online-only deal it will be difficult to judge that until you have it in hand. But still, considering that 10" screens alone go for over $700 this is a great deal just waiting to be dremel'ed.

'01
            I use a 12" touch screen tablet in my car and have considered something like this before.

The reason I didnt go for it was because i wanted a removable / easy to hide solution.

And about the 10" touch screens costing north of $700 - Baloney. go to ebay, search for "touch screen", sort by highest price and take a look in between the $100-$400 range. you will find touch screens WITH remotes for mad mad mad cheap!

boo-yacka,
            - sh00k
            Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

Working...
            X