Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got an LCD for cheap...

Right here

Anyway, it's a Toshiba LTM-10C353F. Anybody know how I'd go about hooking this up? I bought it since it was really cheap, so if worse comes to worse, I lose $20, no big deal. Has anybody dealt with this screen or can give me clues into reverse-engineering the connection?

Thanks,
    -Lito

email toshiba, and earth lcd... ask them for pinouts.

earthlcd has it on the list of screens they will buy, so they should know something about it.

toshiba should know something about it as well, cuz its their screen... send a picture of it if you can. then they wont be as likely to give you the crap about it being a re-seller item that they dont know anything about...

thats what i would do, since the google search i did came up with nothing helpful.

~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Also, if you're new to this, do a search...you'll fine that you need a controller, etc. for using a laptop screen.

I'm surprised mp3z didn't bash ya for not searching..heh.
      1999 Plymouth Voyager (That's right, big-pimpin' in a minivan.)
      PC built into console
      worklog with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46359

Some of my music: http://www.myspace.com/markquestion

Comment

Thanks guys. I knew I needed a controller, but it's not like I can just grab any and it would work. That's why I was asking what the next step would be.

Comment

Originally posted by fcc
          I'm surprised mp3z didn't bash ya for not searching..heh.
          ouch (... removes pointy sitck from his back)

im sure he knows better by now hes been here a bit...

anyway... i have no clue what kind of connection that screen has. from those crappy pictures that were posted on the ebay auction, you cant tell anything 'cept the model number. if its a hirose you will be in pretty good shape... if it is a 44-pin (i think thats the right number) for the lcd cabling... perhaps you can find a SBC with the lcd cable output... i really dont know much outside the hirose realm!

hopefully you can get some data sheets or something... reverse engineering an lcd input is going to be hard as hell without damaging the screen...

best of luck to ya!

~mike

Comment

Hmmm, Hirose huh? If the connection looks like this then, it's a Hirose?

If it is, I'd still need a controller and a cable from Hirose, correct?

Comment

well it is a 31-pin connection, however it isnt the "typical" hirose connection. perhaps someone here will know if it is or isnt...

hirose is a connection type... it is akin to "molex" connectors on hard drive power connections... kinda like an industry standard for this application.

so the controller you are going to have to get (assuming this is a31-pin hirose) is going to be made by someone else... i have 2 controllers.. one from datalux, and one from digital view...

the datalux was from allenruble from the forums... he will have some for sale on occasion. watch the for sale forum. he usually sells them for $60
              the digitalview i got with an lcd package i bought on ebay. it is a kick *** card and im told it retails for over $400. about double what i paid for my entire lcd setup!!

first things first however... work on getting a data sheet. it will make you life a billion times easier when it comes time to hook it up. also, you are going to need to know what inverter you are going to need for the backlight.

~mike

Comment

Thanks man, I'm going to try to get my hands on that data sheet!

Comment

Good luck finding a connector type or a data sheet for that matter for this lcd. I looked for about 3 months for a data sheet on a similiar lcd with the same exact connector and I could not find a single thing. If you get lucky please tell me.

Comment

UPDATE

OK, here's the connection on the back of the LCD.

It's a 14-pin connection. I've emailed Toshiba and they sent me an email saying they'd get back to me. I've also spoken to a few people with this screen, but they're clueless as me. Here's a few more pics I took:

Comment

That is one pimped widescreeeeeen. I like dat!
                      ~$~h~i~z~a~n~k~

Comment

Yeah, it looks to be a pretty sweet screen. It's bigger than the Redant and I've heard it's VGA. One question, can all screens be VGA as long as you have the proper controller?

Comment

Can all LCD's be VGA? AFAIK, no. LCD's which accept a composite video input have their own controller already built-in to the screen. VGA LCD's do not have a controller (usually) so that's why you have to get your own.

Composite video signals and VGA video signals are not compatible (without a herculean effort) so it's not worth the time/effort to try.

Comment

Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by Lito
                            OK, here's the connection on the back of the LCD.

It's a 14-pin connection. I've emailed Toshiba and they sent me an email saying they'd get back to me. I've also spoken to a few people with this screen, but they're clueless as me. Here's a few more pics I took:

Hey, did you ever get info on this LCD? Did you get it to work? I also bought one! =)

Please e-mail me if so at: [email protected]

Thanks!!!!!! =)
                            ~$~h~i~z~a~n~k~

Comment

I haven't got it to work, but I really haven't had any time. I emailed Toshiba of Japan about it and they couldn't get any info on it. Instead they gave me this information about a reseller here in the US. Try contacting him and let me know what you come up with.

Mr.Steve Vrablick
                              Toshiba America Electronics Components
                              Headquarters
                              9775 Toledo Way
                              Irvine, CA 92618
                              Tel: (949) 455-2000
                              Fax: (949) 859-3963
                              http://www.toshiba.com/taec/cgi-bin/...ily&FamilyID=9

Comment

Working...
                              X