DennisK LCD screen problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DennisK LCD screen problems

OK, I finally hooked up my DennisK LCD kit, and nothing happens. The screen stays black, the OSD buttons don't do anything.

For the other peopel that got this kit, what did you have to do to get it working? Were all the jumpers set correctly from the factory? Can someone snap a pic of their controller card so I can see the jumper settings?

Thanks,
    Twostep

assuming you have all the cables hooked up the right way....

the jumpers were correct from the factory...

did you hook up the power connection the right way? the pin should be 12 v and the sleeve should be ground....

press and hold the on/off buttton onthe osd for 3 seconds... that should turn on the screen... if you have the led hooked up, it will remain off until you hold the on/off switch for the 3 seconds, then it will go to orange, and it will be green when the screen is operating.

also, you should do the hirose cable fix. change the wiring so that it pulls the info from the higher number data signals... there is a thread in the lcd forum about it...

~mike

edit... here is the other thread
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

On/Off button.... hmm, maybe that is the problem... I thought that was for the OSD, I didn't realize it was for the screen.

Wow, I feel dumb now. Hopefully it will work fine when I get home.

Thanks a bunch,
      Twostep

Comment

hehehe

i had the same reaction when i hooked mine up....
        hit the power supply switch....
        i just stared at the screen for a sec and swore loudly....
        then a flash of genius...
        try the on/off button.

works like a dream, just remember to set the resolution on the computer to 800x600 or maybe the resolution one setting smaller than that..
        that also made me swear a bit, since my computer was running a HUGE desktop size and the lcd was fuzzy, and grainy, and looked like it had some crazy electronic interferance going on... then after changing the desktop size.... beautiful!!

enjoy

~mike
        Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
        PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Awesome, that did it.

Now I am all excited, and want to go take apart my car right now and start installing... too bad I need to drive to work tomorrow.. :-(

Thanks a bunch.

Twostep

Comment

Working...
          X