aopen not reading vga monitors ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aopen not reading vga monitors ?

I have an aopen mini, and its not reading any vga monitors that i hookup to it using VGA to DVI adapters. but it reads DVI montiors perfectly.. does anyone know what might be causing this? or what im doing wrong..

thanks for any info, cuz im at a dead end. i've tryed searching and no one seems to have this problem ( googled it )

[HL]2005 nissan 350z[/HL], custom made monitor casing and buttons. pics to come. running aopen mini pc. with iguidance 3.0.1 gps, and mobile impact.

get roms for your carputers at
    romcampus.com
    2 MB download speed, no ads. totaly free :)

are you using the right vga adapter? meaning was it supplied by aopen with the mobo?
    there are a few different types of dvi, and I am not 100% sure that the adapters are cross compatible.

Comment

I though DVI/VGA on computer only for output and not input (reading) .
      What type of dvi is it? DVI-I, DVI-A or DVI-D? DVI on computer is mostly DVI-I for both digital and analoge. Does it has vga port you can use?
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

never knew it was that complicated, im not sure what kind it is. i got it with my geforce card.

if i were to buy one, which should i get?
        [HL]2005 nissan 350z[/HL], custom made monitor casing and buttons. pics to come. running aopen mini pc. with iguidance 3.0.1 gps, and mobile impact.

get roms for your carputers at
        romcampus.com
        2 MB download speed, no ads. totaly free :)

Comment

Ok, so what you are saying is that you are using the dvi to vga adapter that came with your video card, and no luck on several different vga monitors?
          but if you use a dvi monitor with the card/mobo in question, no problems right?

you answered your own question. Buy a new dvi to vga adapter.

Google the model # of your video card, look up the specs and see what type of dvi out it uses.

Then head to the local pc shop and pick up the dvi-(x) to vga adapter for 10.00
          or buy it on fleabay for .01 with 9.99 shipping.

If this does not work, sorry, you are sol.

Comment

Ive seen systems where in the video card settings you can choose between a CRT and Flat-Panel/LCD. usually the CRT settings runs of the VGA and if you choose Flat Panel it will pull from the DVI.

Does the VGA work at all, before you get to windws?
            G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Comment

Working...
            X