Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD size for double DIN ???

Hey,

I'm looking for indash touchscreen for my SUV. Easiest would be to just fit the current double din- what screen options do I have? I've seen a few 6.4 out there... does 7" require modification? I am fine with creating mounting and fabricating, but I'd like to keep the current opening if possible. What brands for touch in that size do you recommend?

Thanks, D
    1998 Infiniti QX4

The Redant that dscustoms sells is only a 1/4" too tall without its casing for a double din slot. If time permits, I'm going to try to cram it in there this weekend. I should only have to make a small cut to the top of the double din slot so that the top of the screen can slide up there.

If you want a touchscreen, I've heard that someone talked to a company that would make one for about $250 that will fit the Redant.
    Don't Click

Comment

Isn't the redant 7" tv in; ie no rgb connector from my computer?

Also, who makes that touch screen?

Thanks
      1998 Infiniti QX4

Comment

Right, it's not a VGA LCD. Noonyb said he found a company that would make the touchscreen, but never revealed who it was. Must be a *secret*.
        Don't Click

Comment

no one asked everyone just said it was to high. The company was magic touch. I havent ordered one yet im still trying to decide if its worth it. I can give you the guys name i talked to if you want it. He said the tolerances will be +/- 0.15 of an inch. As for fitting in a double din it will in my truck just have to make a custom case for it.

Comment

price on the touch screen? and what type is it?
            1998 Infiniti QX4

Comment

any other suggestions for vga and touch screen? 6.4 preferred, or 8.4
              1998 Infiniti QX4

Comment

Working...
              X