Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc LCD brightness improovement (just crazy experiment)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc LCD brightness improovement (just crazy experiment)

Hi every one. Sorry for my english

So far I tried to improove my 7" Xenarc's brightness to make it readeable during sunny day. All what I did is took some non-vga 7 inch wide screen and remove backlight from it. After I did some kind of sandwich. Better you can see on the pictures. Of course I disassemble my Xenarc, removed backlight plastic from the back and only after that I add another backlight. I know that probably it is stupid idea and of course I am not a professional in all that optical stuff but I tried to do it as good as was possible in very clean room and with no dust inside.
    Finaly waht I got is aproximately +60 percent more brightness than it was, and it is now almost enoufgh to watch it during the sunny day BUT still not so good. Okey, atleast it is better than it was before.

I put an extra relay there so when my headlights are off, both Xenarc's and another bachlight are work, when I am turning on my headlights only original Xenarc's backlight works.

Good luck to everyone in your experiments
    Attached Files
    -------------------------------------------------
    BMW X5 Carputer Project
    Finished: 85%
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

next
    Attached Files
    BMW X5 Carputer Project

Comment

Well lets see it on in a room with more light (at least near a window )

Thanatos.
      RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
      We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

I spy duct tape
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

hrmm after reading alot, you should consider heat issues. any warmer here and there?

i think thats why many people who used other bulbs that are more bright failed.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster
            I spy duct tape
            First sign of a quality install...after all, only people who want an extra challenge use duct tape! My favorite part is when it gets all sticky if it gets hot...

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

aside from the duct tape, that's a great way to increase the brightness....
              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Guys it is just an experiment. Of course I will never keep that tape there I have to find some more bright backlight from some another 7" wide non-vga, after that I will use a correct way to hold both parts together.
                BMW X5 Carputer Project

Comment

Originally posted by vinzer
                  Guys it is just an experiment. Of course I will never keep that tape there
                  Don't take offense...it's just that duct tape is used pretty frequently by people for permanent installs when it is obviously not the right or best thing for the job...so when members see it in pics, they point it out.

We believe you'll fix it... ;-)

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Working...
                  X