Motorized flip-down touchscreen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorized flip-down touchscreen?

I did a search and could find very little addressing this issue.

I have a Honda Insight hybrid, and the dash protrudes above the stereo (see pic), making it impossible, AFAIK, to install a normal motorized flip-up screen. I'd rather not have to rely on a software solution if I don't have to.

Does anyone make a touchscreen carputer monitor that can flip-down instead of up?

why not software? You can use MagicRotation, set it once and be done. Install the unit upside down in your dash. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
      why not software? You can use MagicRotation, set it once and be done. Install the unit upside down in your dash. Problem solved.
      this is a good idea, personally what i would do as well, mind you if you're using a laptop, it might have rotation as part of the settings already

or, if you dont want to use the settings, and want everything to be "flip-down" (if it has any a/v inputs, that wouldnt be reversed by a pc), you could always CAREFULLY take the screen out and flip it around, but you'd probably need to lengthen some ribbon cable or backlight wiring, again, CAREFULLY, if you do this, i dont accept any responsibility

Comment

Slightly different question on the same theme

Sorry to thread jack but this seems to fit in.
        Can the touchscreen component of a motorised screen be inverted through software as well or would one need to open up and mod the unit in some way?

Comment

I think you can just re calibrate the touchscreen in software and it will automatically adjust for the rotation

Comment

Originally posted by bencrundwell View Post
            I think you can just re calibrate the touchscreen in software and it will automatically adjust for the rotation
            Thanks Ben, Can anyone confirm this? Anyone out there actually tried it?

Comment

The main reason I didn't want to have to use rotation software is that it's just one more (sometimes buggy) software program to run in the system. It's bad enough running Windows...I didn't want that extra thing to go wrong. Imagine having to start the system in Safe Mode, everything would be upside down. It's just a hassle, that's all.

No problem though, if I have to use a rotation program then I will. I just wanted to find out if anyone knew of a "flip-down" screen (but apparently not).

Vince

Comment

something to keep in mind if you mount the unit upside down, your controls/button/labels/LCD/time/etc and everything else will also be upside down and might look a little silly

Comment

Originally posted by mattress View Post
                  something to keep in mind if you mount the unit upside down, your controls/button/labels/LCD/time/etc and everything else will also be upside down and might look a little silly
                  yeah, i thought about this too, but doesnt sound like the op has much of a choice

besides, who needs the know the time, :P

Comment

Working...
                  X