I wonder...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder...

According to Datalux, the backlight inverter on my LMV10R2 10.4" touchscreen is dying. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I've been powering it using the cigarette lighter wires? I remember measuring them with my multimeter while the car was not running and getting 12V, could it be getting more than that while the car is running???

Speaking from my car, when the cars off the voltage is about 12.5vdc, and with the car running, its about 14.5vdc, which from what I gather is a common thing, so Its probably the case, but mulimeter the leads with the car running to be sure.
    -Nick

Comment

Hmmm...so what is the solution here? A heatsinked 12V regulator? Hell, i'm not even sure. The screen I bought was used, so maybe the backlight inverter was already on its way out, I guess I'll have to check with Datalux on its specifications. Maybe it can tolerate 14V input too

Comment

If it can't take the ~14vdc, regulation sounds like the easiest thing to do (just dont ask me how to do it ).
        -Nick

Comment

Why can't you just run 12V from your PC power supply? thats what i am doing with my 12.1" screen. It works just fine!

Comment

yep...it is always safe to get the power from ur psu since that is regulated and u know it will NEVER go beyond 12v.

BTW, my ford mustang cobra does exactly what urs is doing.
            abcd-1
            Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
            You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Working...
            X