TFT Screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFT Screen

Anyone out there got any recomendations on a good screen to get for use in the car, Have been looking into touchscreen but they seem realy expensive.

Have also looked at the redant screens but not sure about mounting them as they look like they have a large mounting bracket, Idealy like something removeable if there is such a thing

I use a Mobile Authourity 5.6" lcd.... its actually an OEM lcd, sold under many brands... one of which is Pyle. They also have 5,5.6,6.4,6.8" models. The clarity on the lcd is amazing, great view angles... i believe the LCD is manufactured by Sharp Co. Jp.

They supply an lcd mount, but its not a removable design. I had a removable latch mount from another lcd i purchased a long time back. It has two parts... one attaches to the lcd and has a clip. The other part, the base mounts to my car. When im parking my car, i press a small clip, and the lcd slides out... and i hide it to prevent a break-in. I also removed the dash mounting base (the flat surface that looks like a butterfly)... and screwed the base directly to my roof console.

The mount bracket is from a Sat.Nav system i purchased a while ago. I was able to locate the Part # if your interested. Its a pretty high quality quick release mount, and will work on *any* LCD using the same principle of attachment.

VDO Dayton MA-2300
    Universal Dashboard Top Mounting Bracket for MS-5000 Screen

Click here, scroll to about middle of the page

The price is about $34 more than the one supplied with most LCD's... (ie. FREE)... but there is no comparison in quality, looks or functionality. The one thats supplied free is fugly and bulky.

Sorry about the dark pics... i had to use nightvision when i took these pics a while back.

2001 PT Cruiser "BLK ICE"
    http://www.cobaltcarpc.com

Comment

Working...
    X