Lilliput picture quality...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput picture quality...

So I just got a brand new lilliput and the picture quality sucks, it is really grainy with multiple grain color... I can still read text and stuff, but what is with this grain? Is this normal???

Thanks

Check your ribbon cable. Also, are you using the VGA, or composite input? What model? You buy new or used?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

new, i checked all the cables, they seem to be fine

edit: its the 2005 model, one on this site, and im using VGA, but that doesnt matter because even the on screen display text has grain :|

Comment

resolution?

I have an Ex-Audio which I think uses the same screen and all, and it looks fine. Might be faulty.

By cables do you mean inside or outside the casing? It could be a loose ribbon cable inside. Been known to ship that way.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

maybe this is how the screen is? if you look closely you can see fine grains... or is your picture perfect like your computer monitor right now?

Comment

ok so i looked more closely and what it looks like is as if there were a grainy FILM over the screen... but there isnt

does anyone else notice this? or is it just me, how should I fix this????

ps im powering this off of a wall adapter that came with the screen

thanks!!!!!

Comment

Its the Touch Screen overlay..
              1990 Jeep Cherokee
              2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
              2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog View Post
                so i guess i cant take it off?

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog View Post

Originally posted by mike6789 View Post
                  so i guess i cant take it off?
                  Nope. It shouldn't be that bad. You'll never notice it once its in the car unless you mount the screen a foot away from your face.
                  Installed
                  Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                  512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                  Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                  [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Your touch panel has some kind of antiglare layer/coating, the previous lilliput models did not have any antiglare treatment so they dont have that grain like effect, but this causes it to look like a mirror when the sun is out. If glare will not be an issue for you try contacting Armen from www.digitalww.com, he should be able to get you an older panel. I've owned screens with both panels and i recommend sticking with the one you have

Comment

take a picture of it and show us. When i got my lilliput my picture was pretty grainy and blurred and looked like you where looking through a fine mesh or glassy screen

Send it back to the guys i bought it from, it turned out their assemblers forgot to take off the protective coating on the inside of the touchscreen overlay. When i got it back it looked awesome.

Comment

darn... whatever ill keep it on, i already cut the case so i cant send it back :|

Comment

Working...
                        X