Problems with a Lilli after taking it apart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with a Lilli after taking it apart

For those that have taken apart the backlight of their Lilli, I need help as i've gone and messed it up

Everything was fine before (the car is in the shop for a week so I thought it was a good time to finally try a backlight upgrade) and now the picture is weird.

I put all the factory parts back in as my plan isn't going to work without some significant changes. I'm guessing that my issue is that I put one or more of the diffusion filters back in the wrong orientation/direction (I know they are all in the right order though).

The problem is that an all black screen has a ton of redish diagnol lines. When my desktop comes up the colors look off (reminds me of old 16k color pictures on older still 256 color cards ).

If this is a filter issue, does anyone know how I can figure out how to get everything ordered right again?

If you don't think it is a filter issue, any input would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    -dave
    My pathetic worklog.
    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

You fuked it up.. Congrats... I did the same thing with my screen that I bought from Yuki on ebay, Everything worked with mine, except that on the left side of the screen I had a black/grey line about 1 cm from top to bottom, it was annoying, so I send it back for warranty and I find out like 5 days ago their account has been suspended or something like that, so I guess my screen is gonna go bye bye

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Cat View Post
      You fuked it up.. Congrats...
      Yeah, after describing the issue to someone else I realized that there is almost no way the filters are doing this

Well I suppose at least I have spare parts to play with to test a new backlight without messing up another screen (bummer about losing yours )

-dave
      My pathetic worklog.

Comment

Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
        Yeah, after describing the issue to someone else I realized that there is almost no way the filters are doing this

Well I suppose at least I have spare parts to play with to test a new backlight without messing up another screen (bummer about losing yours )

-dave

It kinda sucks man..... What you did, I did it my self because I did not see the purpose of the unit beeing on when the car was off, correct? So I looked around the threads and found that someone found a way to "by-pass" the circuit, so dumb me, without any knowledge of soldering, my guess is that I burned something to it to have that line, but the rest of the unit worked great... Go figures...

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Cat View Post
          It kinda sucks man..... What you did, I did it my self because I did not see the purpose of the unit beeing on when the car was off, correct?
          Huh? No it was out of the car and completely disassembled and unplugged. I'm guessing that I either applied too much pressure getting the screw out that hold the LCD controller (the little one the ribbon cable plugs into) board on the (they didn't want to come out and I stripped one bad) or that I screwed up the ribbon connections (could have messed up the ribbon that is attached to the panel too I suppose).

-dave
          My pathetic worklog.

Comment

Working...
          X