LCD display from a dvd player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD display from a dvd player

I have an LCD display from this dvd player Daewoo DPC-7400 how can i use that display to get input from the PC ? i don't know where to start....

Well it depends what kind it is. Best way would be to hook it up to your serial or parralel port because USB is tricky.

Then find out what type of screen they use. For instance, a common character LCD is HD44780. There are lots of circuits out there.

Here's a quick find detailing the HD44780: http://home.iae.nl/users/pouweha/lcd/lcd.shtml

That's a good place to start.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

the display is this one ...i've got it all disasembled and i only have the main display and i don't know how to get it to receive signal from the pc ....please confirm that by using that link i can make it work
      Thank you !!
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, you mean an actual LCD. I was thinking a chracter display. Like the ones on home dvd players that tell time and such, and you were going to spit out song info and all.

Well those are a differernt beast. You'll need a controller board which more than likely will be more expensive than what you paid for that unit. They can be hundreds of dollars.

Or if the unit still works, then just feed in a signal at whatever it accepts (RCA) and see it on the screen. Thing is, unless it is a high def model (I highly doubt it), then even if you were to send it a VGA signal, it would still look crappy and distorted because the screen itself is physiacally handicapped to a low resolution.

Sorry to burst your bubble..
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

thank you aren't there any diy controlers ?

Comment

Here is a site that controlled a cell phone display:http://www.e-dsp.com/controlling-a-c...avr-atmega32l/

You then need programmable chips, and write your own drivers. Then this would all be hard coded into the chip. Waste of time to use that crappy little screen.

Text will look horrible.

Comment

Most of those screens are 640x480 or less which is pretty poor. Most seem to have about 336,000 pixels.
              At least try and find one with 900,000+ dots so you can read it clearly.

If you want to try it out then you can probably get a video card that has a composite output and plug it in. Just tuck the DVD player portion inside the dash behind the screen. You may have some overscan issues with the PC not filling up the whole screen.
              1999 Black Pontiac Trans Am
              CarPC's in F-bodies
              How To Relocate Climate Controls on the 97-02 F-body Cars
              (AMD Sempron 3000+, Opus 150)
              Car PC system is out, Alpine system is in.

Comment

Working...
              X