50" Touch Overlay...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50" Touch Overlay...

This isnt necessarily car related but I thought it would be the best place to ask. 17" touch overlay kits are relatively cheap (160-200 dollar range) so I was wondering if anyone has seen these for large lcd screens or plasma screens. I'm expecting to pay 1000-1500 but the cheapest I can find is 2500+. So I ask this: does anyone know where to find touch kits for large screens for a decent price? Thanks!

Sorry but i don't come with an answer but just with a quesiton...

Have you got a 50" PLASMA?????
    New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
    Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
    Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

another question

why would you want such a huge touchscreen

you gonna use a stick to poke it?, wth, a 20" touchscreen would be too big for me

Comment

Originally posted by FC3S View Post
        another question

why would you want such a huge touchscreen

you gonna use a stick to poke it?, wth, a 20" touchscreen would be too big for me
        maybe he has big hands!

i think Rob W posted a linkt o some touch screens...i will see what they got.

your other option is try 3M directly.

Comment

these do custom: http://www.review-displays.co.uk/amt_resproducts.asp

Comment

i was in a class the other day and they had a projector in there on this white board...big **** i didnt think anything of it..but when the teacher was using it as a ******* touchscreen my jaw dropped...its about 50 or 60 inch touchscreen...sooo cool. however you need a projector to use on it..i think they said it was about 1500 bucks 3 years ago...so i imagine its cheaper than that now...i think its called a smartboard.
            i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad View Post
              i was in a class the other day and they had a projector in there on this white board...big **** i didnt think anything of it..but when the teacher was using it as a ******* touchscreen my jaw dropped...its about 50 or 60 inch touchscreen...sooo cool. however you need a projector to use on it..i think they said it was about 1500 bucks 3 years ago...so i imagine its cheaper than that now...i think its called a smartboard.
              They've had weird versions designed to hold dry-erase markers for a long time.. Basically triangulates/digitizes any strokes made with the markers which are placed in special RF holders. Seems they now have touchscreen-esque features to sync with a projector, though I dont see why it would need to be a projector. Could put the same system on a plasma for about $600-$1000.
              MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
              Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

We have a 60 inch touchscreen here at work. I was told it was around $12,000. It has different color markers to draw on the screen as well. We use it for demos and training of our software. The thing is [email protected]@zz.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

i still want to know WHY anyone would need this

besides meetings and other such group oriented things

for normal home/car use, yeah right, lol

just get a mirrored image and a 10" screen beside you, there u go, lol

Comment

why?

i think thats a pretty dumb question....considering anybody could ask you why you need a computer in your car.

I saw the other day on TV an interactive window at a store, they had a screen behind a window, and a touch overlay on the window. Window shoppers could come up to the screen and see what they had in the store...etc

There could be a million reasons for this. a half a million involve meetings of some sort, the other half are business related. At home I can't think of a legit reason for it....unless you work from your house....

It would be pretty cool for demos too....which might be why someone would want one .....on this forum
                      PC Components:
                      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                      My work log

Comment

our schoool has a smart board in everyboard its a huge touchscreeen projector with vga and rca inputs

Comment

Here's one manufactuer. The technology is a little different then a standard touchscreen, but its ends up with the same result...

They have a "where to buy" link that might help:

http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/P...t/Features.htm
                          I am an American soldier. If you will not stand behind me, feel free to stand in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples View Post
                            why?

i think thats a pretty dumb question....considering anybody could ask you why you need a computer in your car...

At home I can't think of a legit reason for it....unless you work from your house....
                            thats what i said, WHY for a home application, read before you post

Comment

Nm, guess there is a demand for 'em

Just curious what you need one for?
                              -------
                              I'm hungry

Comment

Working...
                              X