Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to swap lilly/xenarc screens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to swap lilly/xenarc screens?

If from some reason I decide to change over from my Lilli 619 to a xenarc, will the LCD/touch part physically fit in a lilliput bezel? I only need it to fit in the front part.
    DON'T PANIC.

Previous install pics in 2k3 S10

Project CarPc V2

Originally posted by stealinfool View Post
    If from some reason I decide to change over from my Lilli 619 to a xenarc, will the LCD/touch part physically fit in a lilliput bezel? I only need it to fit in the front part.
    Can you put a Chevy fender on a Ford? Not without modifications somewhere.
    ~Jimmy

Comment

I mean it may sound like a silly question to some.. but being that they're both 7" monitors, and that I've never been able to compare each's screen element, who knows. You're right, some mods are probably necessary. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what those mods might be.

And it's all hypothetical anyway.
      DON'T PANIC.

Project CarPc V2

Comment

Buttons are different size, shape, positions, etc. Housings are probably not exactly the same size and shape inside. If you are going to the effort of molding to your dash, you will be custom fitting to the specific car and screen you have. Changing either one would mean redoing the work.
        ~Jimmy

Comment

so you're saying... that if the screens were separated from the controller boards... if it was just a touch overlay and an LCD screen, a xenarc would be completely different than a lilliput, as far as dimensions? I suppose that's my exact question.

I've already fabbed a lilly into my dash, sans buttons.
          DON'T PANIC.

Project CarPc V2

Comment

Originally posted by stealinfool View Post
            so you're saying... that if the screens were separated from the controller boards... if it was just a touch overlay and an LCD screen, a xenarc would be completely different than a lilliput, as far as dimensions? I suppose that's my exact question.

I've already fabbed a lilly into my dash, sans buttons.

Then you can probably fit it to the opening with some mods. Don't worry about crossing that bridge unless you come to it. Is this your SECOND rodeo? Can't tell from your profile or your post history. Your original question is rather noobish. Don't take it personally.
            ~Jimmy

Comment

lilliput controller will drive a xeanrc panel and vice versa. typically the xenarc use panasonic panels and the lilliput hitachi panels which are sluightly different dimensions.

beofre anyone comments they think xenarc use hitachi then yes they may have a few but the vast majority are panasonic. I have a lot of xeanrcs and they ARE ALL panasonic.

you just have top make sure you get the ribbon cable the right way up.

Comment

Working...
              X