Setting up k 301

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up k 301

I've put up with PAL screens for long enough I've got hold of a K 301 in dash VGA Touch screen. However I need to mount this as a vertical unit so want the screen to pop up, not pop up and tilt, this would end up facing the roof of the car. I've seen somewhere a lot of set up advice on the unit but cannot find it any longer. Any pointers appreciated. anyone interested

Espresso mini PC
    soundblaster USB
    GPS
    MP3
    Windows XP pro
    WIFI link into House and work Networks

All stuck into Range Rover P38

I have one of these and it wont do that. The lowest it will tilt is about 60 deg from the level of the unit. That's 60 deg out from what your after.
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Setting up k301

How do you get it to do that? mine tilts at 90 degree and thats its lot. I have only the sketchy documentation supplied with the unit and their homepage is next to useless.

help appreciated

Mike

Comment

you have to connect the the wire for the Acc on so it woul remember its last position..
        it can not do what you mentioned at the 1st post

Comment

After it has opened you press the up down buttons and the screen moves. As nomader says once set and you have it wired properly it remembers the setting. Its the 12v+ that remembers by the way not the ACC, ACC is just the trigger to tell it to switch on.

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

setting up k301

Thanks thats at least a start. If I can angle the unit back a bit I might end up with just what I want.

Anyone else with ideas, all appreciated

Regards

Mike

Comment

you are right..i had just waken up 10 mins before posting did not have any coffee yet
              some models do not always remember the position always... at least early early models.

Comment

Yes I had heard that but mine bought in march is ok. Only problem I have is very occasionally the picture has moved which means I have to do auto setup to get it in the right place. Seems to be something other screens suffer from too.

Comment

mine did that when i was testing it on my bench and removing the "+12 volt always on".. mine does not remember the brightness and contrast at all..but default brightness and contrast are OK so i am happy.

Comment

Working...
                  X