LCD Question for Arby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Question for Arby

I have lurked these boards off and on for quite awhile. I am planning on finally finishing my mp3car project this summer. I have decided to add a color TFT LCD panel to my setup. The question I have is....where the heck am I going to fit this sucker? I drive a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI. It's just about the same (if not identical) to the setup you have on the interior of your eclipse. Do you have any suggestions of where to put a 6.4" LCD panel?

Also how did you wire the accessory line to the trunk? I need to do that as there very limited space in this car (as you very well know ).

Would it be worth the $$ to buy the Pioneer IP-Bus Aux device? Soldering is a black art and I have tried numerous attempts at getting the setup you have with your pioneer stereo and have had no luck. What the heck did you fit over the pins of the IP-bus port? I cannot find anything that looks as decent as yours did. Mine ends up looking like an electrical tape nightmare.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Clown
    5% Complete
    Dash Fabrication complete

Re: LCD Question for Arby

I have lurked these boards off and on for quite awhile. I am planning on finally finishing my mp3car project this summer. I have decided to add a color TFT LCD panel to my setup. The question I have is....where the heck am I going to fit this sucker? I drive a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI. It's just about the same (if not identical) to the setup you have on the interior of your eclipse. Do you have any suggestions of where to put a 6.4" LCD panel?
    I'm ripping out the stereo/ac area and putting the lcd in there Depending on how the AC controls work, I'll either be computer controlling them or relocating them. You can probably fit a 6.4" in the double-din without tearing up the AC controls.

Also how did you wire the accessory line to the trunk? I need to do that as there very limited space in this car (as you very well know ).
    I just spliced a wire into the accessory line where it attaches to the cigarette plug. Just pull up the console - unscrew shifter, should be 6 screws or so holding it in there.

Would it be worth the $$ to buy the Pioneer IP-Bus Aux device? Soldering is a black art and I have tried numerous attempts at getting the setup you have with your pioneer stereo and have had no luck. What the heck did you fit over the pins of the IP-bus port? I cannot find anything that looks as decent as yours did. Mine ends up looking like an electrical tape nightmare.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Clown
    I didn't do any soldering at all, actually. I just slipped some pin things onto the pins of the stereo, and crimped wires on the other side.

If you can't get it working other ways, go with the adapter. someone here was selling them for $30.

Good choice of cars, btw Is the "T" in TSi for turbo? I don't know how the badging works on the talons.
    www.arbybean.com

Comment

Have no clue where you can get them, though... I got mine at a electronic surplus store in houston. :/
      www.arbybean.com

Comment

Thank so much! I will check out my local electronics parts store to see if they have anything that fits the description of those plugs. Thanks again for all the info.

Clown

Oh and TSI is for Turbo...I wanted the AWD but that was all the dealership had.
        5% Complete
        Dash Fabrication complete

Comment

Working...
        X