Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lcd Brightness!

Hi Guys!

looking to install a lilliput 7" touchscreen in my montero but Ive noticed that all monitors have buttons either at the bottom or side of screen.

Here is the question: Is there a way of controlling the brightness after the monitor goes in to the dashboard and they are no longer within reach? Is there a way via XP which is the OS Im planning to use? Can it be linked to the vehicle auto dimming when night comes and lighs are on?

Thanks in advace for the help...
    "Most of the users you'll see in this site are still learning specially me"

use a program called Gamma Control. it has a part that auto dims depending on the time of day, sunrise, sunset and the like
    [::::::::::] 100% - Planning
    [::::::::::] 80% - Computer
    [::::::::::] 0% - Fabbing
    CarPC:
    SP13000 / 120GB SATA 2.5" / 512MB DDR
    8" Innovatek TS / Globalsat BU-353 / Engenius EUB-362 EXT
    Slot load DVDRW / PS3 Wireless Keyboard

Comment

RR front end does it itself, it can also set when it does it via GPS so it changes depending where you are in the world. It isn't bang on but it isn't bad.
      Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Clarify, Please!!!

OK Im new to this car computer thing but I have years of experience in pc repair/build so Im confortable with the pc part itsel.

Can you please be a bit more clear on whats RR fron end.
        Can you plase explain a little so I can get the idea?

Thanks again...
        "Most of the users you'll see in this site are still learning specially me"

Comment

if you arent using RR constantly like me, gamma control is your best bet
          CarPC:

Comment

RR = Road runner have a look over in the front ends section of the forum.

@ All things end: Why would you use gamma control on its own when roadrunner has it built in?

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

if road runner isnt up and running its gamma control doesnt change the brightness
              CarPC:

Comment

Sorry I miss read your post and thought you used road runner all the time. My mistake.

Comment

Don't know if this would help but maybe you could put GC in the startup folder. So everytime it bootup, it will load GC.

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar View Post
                    Sorry I miss read your post and thought you used road runner all the time. My mistake.

QUITE SURE

Comment

Working...
                    X