Would this be Suitable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be Suitable?

Would This Screen be suitable in a car situation?

I found it in the Play station site of the far eastern hardware site that ships to the UK, and US. Note prices quoted in $US and GBP.
    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

search for redant on this board.......
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

Comment

Originally posted by etrik
      search for redant on this board.......
      Cheers.

I just the price was rather good for a complete unit, even though it would be composite/SVideo rather than VGA
      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

It is a good screen, but don't buy it from Lik-Sang (for several reasons) get it from DSCUSTOMS here on the board. Check the for sale section.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam F
          It is a good screen, but don't buy it from Lik-Sang (for several reasons) get it from DSCUSTOMS here on the board. Check the for sale section.
          Cheers I shall have a look see if a PAL version is available in the for sale section.

Thanks.
          4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam F
            Had a look at DSCUSTOMS offering, NTSC only, what I need is a PAL system, so the Lik-Sang option looks to be the only way to go unfortunatley.
            4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

We don't have to use PAL in the car just because we are in Europe. My TFT accepts both PAL/NTSC formats (has a switch) and I chose to use NTSC since the desktop image fills up the screen better (less black border).
              Even if you install a TV tuner card in your carPC to pick up the UK's PAL broadcasts, you can still force the computer's TV output to NTSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitris1976
                We don't have to use PAL in the car just because we are in Europe. My TFT accepts both PAL/NTSC formats (has a switch) and I chose to use NTSC since the desktop image fills up the screen better (less black border).
                Even if you install a TV tuner card in your carPC to pick up the UK's PAL broadcasts, you can still force the computer's TV output to NTSC.
                good point.
                Never thought of that.

I wonder if any of the commen composite LCDs have an Svideo mini-din input, like like that available on the Via Epia/Eden?

Picture through an Svideo connection is so much better than through a standard composite connection on my TV at home. Doesn't make a difference when watching movies, but the desktop is a lot crisper.
                4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Working...
                X