• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DWW-750FM

http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-750FM.htm

Wish it was a motorized one.

AG

You're angry because the new models of in-dash touchscreen are eschewing the complexity of the motor?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Is it too hard to make a good (may be not perfect) motorized monitor?

AG

Comment

Originally posted by aghazi View Post
        Is it too hard to make a good (may be not perfect) motorized monitor?

AG
        Nope, but it would be very expensive. A "perfect" motorized monitor would be adjustable left and right (eventually store it's position into memory for vertical and horizontal angle), this will increase the complexity of the monitor mechanism, this will involve then a high reduction of it's duration (or chance to get broken), to solve this problems you have then to use high quality materials and technology = high expensive monitor ...now what's the market of a hi-end monitor? Sure it is not for our "hobby". It would be a professional market, and if you look around you im sure you'll find one used on industrial enviroment (space shuttle? lol).... maybe you have to sell your car to buy one, but hey it is PERFECT!

Comment

Hmmm so you guys are recommending that I should get non-motorized in-dash. But isn't it a hassle to pull a non-motorized in-dash? Is there any video showing non-motorized manual operations?

Thanks
          AG

Comment

Dude, have a search around for the lilliput in dash motorised monitors and the problems they had and you'll realise why non-motoried is the best solution right now. To summarise for you; most, if not all were sent back as the motors froze. Manual monitors work by (when closed) you pushing the screen in which releases the lock and then pulling it out... Not really a hassle...
            "This bloke said to me you haven't got a clue about the damage the soap bar can do to you,
            I tried to see things from his point of view but I couldn't fit my head up his arsehole too."

Comment

Hmmm so you guys are recommending that I should get non-motorized in-dash. But isn't it a hassle to pull a non-motorized in-dash? Is there any video showing non-motorized manual operations?

Thanks
              AG
              It's sure not easy as turn your key... but the question is: how much times you've to open/close your monitor? I've my carpc in use 90% of the time, i close it only when i park the car in the night or when i'm away from it (eg: in a bar.. disco...), then it wouldn't been a "whole day" repeated action.

Comment

I bought a motorized one for the 'aww' factor. I'm so ****ed I did. First time I tried to open it the screen got off track and jammed, took it a part fixed that. A day later the VGA ribbon cable got stressed from the opening and closing and broke a wire. (Why the hell would you use ribbon cables for something that needs to move anyway?!!) A week later I got the new cable, then broke the little connector for the panel side of the ribbon cable...I swear that thing is IMPOSSIBLE to get on. So I cut off an end of my old cable and stuck it on top of my new one and hot glued it in..(hey it worked..) But the part on how the screen wobbles back and forth about an inch when you press it annoyed me the most, I ended up pushing the tray back manually so the back of the screen can rest against the dash.

If I had it to do over I would buy a manual screen it a heart beat.

Comment

I thought these motorized problem were only limited to the ebay units and those purchased from DWW or MP3Car are fine.

Thank you guys for guiding me to the right direction.

AG

Comment

I thought these motorized problem were only limited to the ebay units and those purchased from DWW or MP3Car are fine.
                    Couldn't say for definate but they (lilliput) put out a hell of a lot of ***** monitors before any working ones - getting people to basically beta test for them, nice...

There's just less to go wrong with a non motorised and what does a motorised one add apart from the "aww" factor????
                    "This bloke said to me you haven't got a clue about the damage the soap bar can do to you,
                    I tried to see things from his point of view but I couldn't fit my head up his arsehole too."

Comment

Just a question regarding 750FM. If I connect a usb drive on external port of unit, it will be recongnized by the carpc attached....right?

AG

Comment

Other info that follows this same theme - http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=79168&page=6

Two single DIN, one of which appears to be transflective and 2 double DIN, one of which appears to be transflective. Haven't looked to see prices on these yet. Just to suggest that there are alternatives and similarly optioned units.
                        http://www.zenec.com/en_flash/index_flamonic.html

ZEM-W800DVD
                        1 DIN DVD Tuner with 7“/16:9 Widescreen TFT-LCD Active Matrix Monitor with integrated RDS Tuner

Multimedia in your dashboard - ZENEC's ZEM-W800DVD AV center is suit-able for installation in any 1-DIN radio bay. A high-resolution TFT monitor emerges at the touch of a button to display motion pictures in high-definition ZENEC quality. Listen to the radio, play CDs or MP3 audio files, watch DVD movies * ZEM-W800DVD is a versatile control center for your mobile entertainment system. The shockproof multi-format precision disc transport mechanism recognizes and plays CDs, VCDs, SVCDs, CD-R/RWs, compressed audio formats such as MP3 (with ID-3 Tag support) and WMA, as well as standard video formats such as DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW; of course, NTSC and PAL video source formats are both supported as well.

CD/DVD/MP3/WMA Features
                        DVD drive with electrical and mechanical anti-shock system
                        supports MP3 (ID3-Tags), CD, VCD, SVCD, CD-R/RW, DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-MP3, WMA, JPEG, Picture CD
                        PAL/NTSC-compatible
                        Regional Code 2
                        graphical user interface, on-screen display

Display
                        motorized 7“/16:9 TFT LCD Active Matrix display
                        high resolution: 1440 (W) x 234 (H) pixels
                        generous viewing angles: left-right > 65°; above > 65°; below > 40°
                        300:1 contrast
                        Normal, Full and Wide picture aspect selection motorized adjustment of viewing angle with memory function
                        LC-panel protected against mechanical wear
                        automatic dimmer control

Tuner
                        AM-FM tuner with RDS
                        30 station presets: 18 FM and 12 AM

Audio
                        integrated 4 x 45 watts digital power amp
                        integrated Dolby Digital and Pro Logic II decoder
                        various DSP sound effects (Pro Logic II)
                        various audio EQ controls

A/V Connections
                        2 video outputs (RCA)
                        2 video inputs
                        1 video input (RCA) for rear view camera
                        analog 5.1 RCA audio outputs
                        2 channel preout rear (dual-zone)

Additional Features
                        additional Dot-Matrix LC-Display featuring blue illuminated segments with high contrast
                        Rotary volume control
                        multifunction stick for simple menu navigation
                        dual zone function
                        Tel. Mute
                        ISO connectors for power supply and speaker outputs
                        2 IR remote controls (front and rear) included

ZEM-W700DMM (Transflective?)
                        1 DIN 7“/16:9 Widescreen TFT-LCD Active Matrix Monitor with integrated RDS Tuner and TV Tuner

Multimedia in your dashboard - ZENEC's ZEM-W700DMM AV receiver is suitable for installation in any 1-DIN radio bay. A high-resolution TFT monitor emerges at the touch of a button to display motion pictures in high-definition ZENEC quality. The ZEM-W700DMM lets you enjoy radio, control CD and DVD changers and experience movies on the road. The receiver supports a wide range of AV sources: CD or DVD changers, cameras, etc. ZEM-W700DMM uses a newly-developed A-grade LCD panel with anan tireflective coating that enhances the contrast - a useful feature in extremely bright surroundings.

Display
                        motorized 7“/16:9 TFT LCD Active Matrix Display
                        high resolution: 1440 (W) x 234 (H) pixels
                        generous viewing angles: left-right > 65°; above > 65°; below > 40°
                        Normal and Full picture aspect selection
                        motorized adjustment of viewing angle with memory function
                        horizontal angle of motorized display adjustable in three steps
                        intelligent dimmer control

RDS Tuner
                        AM-FM tuner with RDS
                        30 station presets: 18 FM and 12 AM
                        automatic station search

TV Tuner
                        4-CH Diversity TV-Tuner
                        automatic station search

Audio
                        integrated 4 x 40 watts power amp

A/V Connections
                        1 video output (RCA)
                        2 video inputs
                        1 video input (RCA) for rear view camera
                        4 channel preout (front + rear)
                        1 AUX In

Additional Features
                        additional Dot-Matrix LC-Display featuring blue illuminated segments with high contrast
                        Sanyo bus control for external CD/DVD changer
                        Tel. Mute
                        ISO connector for power supply and speaker outputs
                        IR remote control included

ZEM-W600DVD
                        2 DIN DVD Tuner with 6.5“/16:9 Widescreen TFT-LCD Active Matrix Monitor with integrated RDS Tuner

Multimedia in the dashboard - ZENEC’s ZEM-W600DVD is suitable for installation in cars with 2-DIN radio bays. Listen to the radio, play CDs or MP3 audio files, watch DVD movies - ZENEC multimedia DVD tuner is a versatile control center for your mobile entertainment system. ZENEC’s ZEM-W600DVD supports a wide range of AV sources. The shockproof multi-format precision disc drive plays CDs, CD-R/RWs, VCDs, SVCDs, DVDs, DVD-R/RWs, DVD+R/RWs, MP3-Files, WMA-Files, JPEGs and Picture CDs ; NTSC and PAL video source formats are both supported as well. The ZEM-W600DVD lets you experience movies on the road: A high-resolution TFT monitor emerges at the touch of a button to display motion pictures in high-definition ZENEC quality.

CD/DVD/MP3/WMA Features
                        supports CD, VCD, SVCD, CD-R/RW, DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, MP3, DVD-MP3, WMA, JPEG and Picture CD
                        ID3-tag support
                        Regional Code 2
                        integrated Dolby Digital and Pro Logic II decoders
                        electrical (ESP) and mechanical antishock system

TFT-LCD Display
                        fully motorized 6.5“/16:9 widescreen TFT-LCD active matrix display
                        very high resolution of 1220 x 234 pixels
                        generous viewing angles: left-right > 60°; above > 30°; below > 60°
                        viewing angle adjustable (vertical)

RDS Tuner
                        AM-FM tuner with RDS and EON
                        36 station presets (18 FM, 18 AM)
                        BSM function (Best Station Memory)

A/V Connections
                        1 A/V input
                        1 video input
                        1 switched A/V input (Mono)
                        1 video output
                        4 channel preouts and subout

Additional Features
                        PAL/NTSC-compatible
                        graphical user interface with on-screen display (OSD)
                        Tel. Mute
                        plastic housings with scratch-resistant rubberized surface

ZEM-W600DDMM (Transflective?)
                        2 DIN 7“/16:9 Widescreen TFT-LCD Active Matrix Monitor with integrated RDS Tuner and TV Tuner

Multimedia in the dashboard - ZENEC’s ZEM-W600DDMM is suitable for installation in cars with 2-DIN radio bays. The ZEM-W600DDMM lets you enjoy radio, control CD and DVD changers and experience movies on the road. The receiver support a wide range of AV sources: CD or DVD changers, cameras, etc. The ZEM-W600DDMM uses a newly-developed A-grade LCD panel with antireflective coating that enhances the contrast - a useful feature especially in extremely bright surroundings.

TFT-LCD Display
                        7“/16:9 widescreen TFT-LCD active matrix display
                        very high resolution of 1440 x 234 pixels
                        generous viewing angles: left-right > 60°; above > 30°; below > 60°

RDS Tuner
                        AM-FM tuner with RDS and EON
                        30 station presets (18 FM, 12 AM)
                        BSM-function (Best Station Memory)

TV Tuner
                        integrated 1 channel TV tuner (Mono)
                        BSM function (Best Station Memory)

A/V Connections
                        2 A/V inputs
                        2 video inputs
                        1 video output
                        1 RGB port
                        4 channel preouts

Additional Features
                        PAL/NTSC-compatible
                        graphical user interface with on-screen display
                        Tel. Mute
                        auto antenna control
                        plastic housings with scratch-resistant rubberized surface
                        http://gickr.com/results4/anim_5055e...a2b3b197c9.gif
                        1990 RHD JDM 300ZX TT 2+2 5sp T-Top
                        491RWHP / 18psi / 94 octane

Comment

But no place to buy these LCDs. I don't think these are out yet.

AG

Comment

And not a one of those units has a VGA input.

And quit crossposting the same information in multiple threads, jschrauwen. Post it once and link to it in another thread if the information nees to go in both threads.
                            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Just a question regarding 750FM. If I connect a usb drive on external port of unit, it will be recongnized by the carpc attached....right?

AG
                              According to the manual, it should.
                              2001 PT Cuiser
                              VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
                              M2 power supply
                              in dash slim tray dvd drive
                              DWW-750FM c/w 7" USB touchscreen,AM/FM, 4x45W amp
                              See my install here

Comment

Working...
                              X