Dww-750fm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dww-750fm

Just got the DWW-750FM today. On first glance it looks like a solid unit. Only thing is all the labels on the wires (speaker outs & video/audio ins) are in Chinese, so I will have to take it in to work to have a couple of co-workers translate it for me before i dare trying to hook it up incorrectly. Everything else is english though. If they can figure it out then I should have it running on my bench over the weekend. The led display for the radio (when unit is closed) looks decent - seems like it has some flashy power meters & such on either side of the readouts. The unit seems solid so far. The push to open mechanism seems good too. It will probably be a few weeks before I get a chance to test out the amp as I won't be putting it in my car until I put together my mini itx & voompc (arrived last week), and my new baby is taking up allot of my spare time for things such as this. I'll post pics on the weekend, hopefully with it powered up.
    2001 PT Cuiser
    VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
    M2 power supply
    in dash slim tray dvd drive
    DWW-750FM c/w 7" USB touchscreen,AM/FM, 4x45W amp
    See my install here

The wiring is labled in the manual that's for download on the product's webpage. There is one incorrect item in that though. The Orange wire and the Red wire are labled backwards. The Red wire is for switched power, and the Orange wire should be "light control cable."

Comment

Thank you for that tip techy101. I found that the labels noted that change (once translated) as well. We were trying to figure out where the "light control cable" should be connected to in the car, any idea? I have to go to my local chrysler dealership tomorrow & find out their wiring colour coding too...
      2001 PT Cuiser
      VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
      M2 power supply
      See my install here

Comment

My guess, although I'm not sure, would be that the Light Control Cable would be the Illumination line, but I can't confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by techy101 View Post
          My guess, although I'm not sure, would be that the Light Control Cable would be the Illumination line, but I can't confirm that.
          It is. you connect that wire to the headlight switch. When the lights are on, the radio lcd (not the big screen) will dim. Just like a stock radio does. If the display for the stereo is not too bright at night, leave it disconnected.

Comment

Ok guys, I managed to power the unit up & get a few pics. I used my pocketpc for now as the VGA input device, so the resolution is only 640x480 & no touch screen set up. The actual carputer I willl be using is still being put together - today I found out I need a 44-40 ide converter so I have to pick one up tomorrow. Anyway, back to the unit.

The 3rd pic is my set up, with 12v coming from an old pc power supply, the DWW-750-fm, my PocketPC, & my voompc with mini-itx under construction. The 1st pic is the first power up. 2nd pic is with google news in the Opera web browser. 4th pic is the front panel display in radio mode - but no antenna hooked up, so no sound. 5th pic is the menu semi transparent over the vga output.

I was pleasently surprised to see all the buttons lit up with blue led's, as well as the volume/power knob. The front panel display shows a few equalizer settings, power bars, signal strength etc. Seems like it will be flashy when I get it hooked into the car with an antenna & speakers.

That's all for the pics for now, I probably won't power it up again until I get my voompc & mini-itx all assembled.
            Attached Files
            2001 PT Cuiser
            VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
            M2 power supply
            See my install here

Comment

Hi

I have seen that you have a window mobile phone...and have seen that you have make a clone of your screen with it...

I would like know wich software do you use for this...???

I have a Qtek 9600 (or HTC TyTN) and would like do the same via Bluetooth or WIFI (no USB cable...would just wireless solution)
              New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
              Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
              Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

Sorry, that is a dell axim x50v, not a phone. Just a regular pocketpc, that happens to have a vga out cable. No special software, it is all built in. I don't think u can do that with your phone, as it probably doesn't have the hardware in it like the axim does.
                2001 PT Cuiser
                VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
                M2 power supply
                See my install here

Comment

Hey guys, the power and reset button have one lead each coming out of the unit. Should I twin each of those with a lead from the black ground wire, and then connect them to the M2 power jumpers (J9) and the motherboard reset jumpers respectively? They are quite thin wires, so I wouldn't use it for a power switch in line with the main power leads to the M2. I will probably add a heavy duty switch for that. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
                  2001 PT Cuiser
                  VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
                  M2 power supply
                  See my install here

Comment

Originally posted by morris_the_cat View Post
                    Sorry, that is a dell axim x50v, not a phone. Just a regular pocketpc, that happens to have a vga out cable. No special software, it is all built in. I don't think u can do that with your phone, as it probably doesn't have the hardware in it like the axim does.
                    I think I have same hardware as you...

It's a 400Mhz ARM on Windows Mobile 5....
                    New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                    Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                    Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

Originally posted by morris_the_cat View Post
                      Hey guys, the power and reset button have one lead each coming out of the unit. Should I twin each of those with a lead from the black ground wire, and then connect them to the M2 power jumpers (J9) and the motherboard reset jumpers respectively? They are quite thin wires, so I wouldn't use it for a power switch in line with the main power leads to the M2. I will probably add a heavy duty switch for that. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
                      No, don't "twin" them

Each wiire should, when the button is pushed, go to ground. The pin headers on the MB has 2 pins. One is negative, the other pin has to be grounded to operate. Basically, take the wire from the unit and put it to the pin that is NOT grounded on the MB, and you will be fine.

Michael
                      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
                        Each wiire should, when the button is pushed, go to ground. The pin headers on the MB has 2 pins. One is negative, the other pin has to be grounded to operate. Basically, take the wire from the unit and put it to the pin that is NOT grounded on the MB, and you will be fine.
                        Thanks Wiredwrx. So I just have to figure out which pin is already grounded, and attach the wire to the opposite one. That should be easy enough.
                        Originally posted by coucouillu View Post
                        I think I have same hardware as you...

It's a 400Mhz ARM on Windows Mobile 5....
                        coucouillu, there are very few pocketpc's that have a vga out. For instance, the dell axim x50v has one, but the axim x50 does not. If yours can do it then qtek will sell a cable for it so you may wish to look into that. Otherwise, you would be looking at getting a speciallized cf or sd vga card which is very expensive. There is no special software at all.
                        2001 PT Cuiser
                        VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
                        M2 power supply
                        See my install here

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
                          No, don't "twin" them

Michael
                          Thanks Wiredwrx, I tried your solution but it didn't work. I tried it on both pins actually, just to be sure I didn't identify the wrong ground - nothing happened. Those buttons would have been handy. Oh well. If nobody else has any ideas, I will just forget the power & reset buttons for now & get on to the rest of the project.

By the way, I got the touchscreen working with WinXP on my mini-itx board. The touchscreen function & display (800x600 for now) is all working beautifully now.
                          2001 PT Cuiser
                          VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
                          M2 power supply
                          See my install here

Comment

BTT....any progress ever get made for this setup? I just got the 750FM and was hoping to finally 'finish the setup' once and for all installed all wires and everything. So far it seems like it'll be another 'for now' circumstance

Comment

Hello fellow 750 owners, I just got my 750 running on the bench, I also had to use the red wire labeled as light switch cable to get mine to power on (will be wired to key hot). Anyhow, after a minimal amount of fanfare I got the touch screen drivers installed (this procedure is kind of flaky if you are using a USB hub). Anyhow I was wondering if anyone has been able to figure out how to get a line level out put from the AM/FM receiver. The Instructions look and read like someone wrote them in a foreign language and then pumped it through babelfish for a translation. I want to send the output of the radio to the mic or line in on my sound card. Does anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                              X