rearview mirror with lcd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rearview mirror with lcd

So this is my situation. I have a mazda 6 2005. I bought hte metra kit and installed the pioneer avic n2. The same time i purchased the pionner rear view camera ND-BC1. Tweeter did the install. I was in circuit city and saw this modelhttp://http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Audiovox-Video-Rear-view-Mirror-with-4-Color-LCD-RVMPKG3/sem/rpsm/oid/151401/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do THe problem is its not a universal one and also the reviews say its hard to see out the miror. So i did some research and found this model at sounddomain.com, Power Akoustic PTM-450c. http://www.cardomain.com/item/POWPTM450C. So can someone please tell me if this model wwill work with my pioneer camera, how hard of an install it will be to have the rear view camera go to the avicn2 and the rear view mirror, if its a good model, and any reviews. Thanks so much

anybody??

Comment

does the camera have rca outputs?
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

heres at pic it appears so

Comment

Originally posted by Crzyguy972 View Post

heres at pic it appears so
          Based on that pic, it should. However, you may have to modify the camera to get it to work with out connecting it to the AVIC. It is possible (and I am not sure that this IS the case) that the Avic sends a signal (such as 12 volts or ground) to the camera, to activate it. That would need to be simulated to get the camera to work with that mirror.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Yes you can, but the screen in thise rearview are small 4" i am having a 7" monitor in my rear view mirror, thats usefull!

Comment

Originally posted by clemen View Post
              Yes you can, but the screen in thise rearview are small 4" i am having a 7" monitor in my rear view mirror, thats usefull!
              Not if you are trying to see out your windshield

Michael
              ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
                Not if you are trying to see out your windshield

Michael
                Its only 1cm bigger in height that my stock rearview mirror, in my vw passat.
                1 centimeter = 0.393700787 inch

Comment

well it doesnt needed to be grounded since u can use it while driving, but more of this post was to see wat models to get. like the one i posted int eh first post

Comment

well it doesnt needed to be grounded since u can use it while driving, but more of this post was to see wat models to get. like the one i posted int eh first post
                    did you go to the store to test the product? i went to best buy and was able to get an idea of the mirror/camera in action. do the same.
                    CTS 05, Mobile Information Center...
                    Atom - 1.8ghz
                    2GB Ram
                    32GB SSD
                    8" TouchScreen
                    5.6" Screen (overhead) w/reverse capability

Finished Project
                    Car Hacking
                    WorkBlog
                    Video

Comment

dunno if language is a problem..

but EVERYTHING must be grounded for electronics to work, EVERYTHING

for it to work while driving, it just isnt connected to the Park/Emergency brake ground

but again, without grounding, things will not work, and if they do work, then u have some magic system going on

Comment

Originally posted by clemen View Post
                        Its only 1cm bigger in height that my stock rearview mirror, in my vw passat.
                        1 centimeter = 0.393700787 inch
                        I am talking about the 7inch screen, not the mirror with the LCD.

Michael

Comment

well it doesnt needed to be grounded since u can use it while driving,
                          Huh, EVERY ELECTRONIC DEVICE in your car uses both Positive AND negative, or it won't work, Wether driving or not. That is how electronics work.

Michael

Comment

Huh, EVERY ELECTRONIC DEVICE in your car uses both Positive AND negative, or it won't work, Wether driving or not. That is how electronics work.

Michael
                            i thought thats what i said..

Comment

Michael
                              wired i was just saying its not grounded to the parking break, of course its grounded just not so you cant use it while driving

Comment

Working...
                              X