the only problem with the mp3car Transflective LCD's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the only problem with the mp3car Transflective LCD's

Finger prints . . . crap they are really bad on these. The sunlight, glare, washed-out text, all gone, but because if the coating they used on the touch panel finger prints can make the screen almost unvisable in direct sunlight. I dont want to use just any cleaner to remove them, does anyone have a proven cleaner for the transflective screens?

You know I got this screen and was hoping that I could figure out what they did to make them work so well. I am sorry to tell you thats its not the defusser or the coating on the LCD or the film on the touch screen, its everything combined that makes this screen so damn beatuful. Its a shame that they cost so much, but I can see my screen with the sun-roof open, and the windows down on a sunny day, so its worth it. just my .02
    06 Galaxy Gray Si #0308
    CarPc Progress -
    10%---------50%---------100%
    -[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]-

microfirbe cloth is pretty good.

try a screen protector.

Comment

microfiber

I'd stay away from screen protectors loose sensitivity, etc.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I have a micro-fiber cloth and it just seems to smear the fingerprints. It needs more of a wet type cleaner. A protector would only add glare and thats a step in the wrong direction.

Has anyone tryed the screen cleaner they sell in the mp3car store?

-=ew
        06 Galaxy Gray Si #0308
        CarPc Progress -
        10%---------50%---------100%
        -[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]-

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, the transflective coating is done on the LCD itself. Your touch screen film is not transflective. To clean the touch screen, isn't it regular mild soap will work?

Comment

Originally posted by 510SX View Post
            Correct me if I am wrong, the transflective coating is done on the LCD itself. Your touch screen film is not transflective. To clean the touch screen, isn't it regular mild soap will work?
            Bump for an answer to this. Mines getting a little messy too.
            http://gickr.com/results4/anim_5055e...a2b3b197c9.gif
            1990 RHD JDM 300ZX TT 2+2 5sp T-Top
            491RWHP / 18psi / 94 octane

Comment

why use soap...? when a microfiber cloth works...

and i love the word "unvisible"
              PC Components:
              Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
              My work log

Comment

Just use a good dry microfiber cloth. Rub it over the TS a couple times and your fingerprints will magically dissapear. It works like a champ. Also, if you want to keep from getting finger prints on the TS, use your fingernail to "tap" buttons, etc, but never use your fingernails to make gestures. But if you are just tapping buttons, you can use your nail, should not scratch the AR coating.
                ----------------------------------------------
                Civiputer: Dont have one anymore, but here is what is used to be!

Comment

Comercial cleaners for lcd's is just some %70 rubbing alcohol mixed 50/50 with water. I'll post back here tomrrow when I'm at work to confirm this.

Comment

Just to confirm this.

It is 70% isopropyl alcohol mixed 50/50 with water.

Comment

So it's 60% isopropyl alcohol then?
                      Audio: 4 * Rainbow Audio Germs + Infinity Basslink / Case: iStarUSA S3 / CPU: C2D P8700 / MB: Jetway NC64-LF / SC: ASUS Xonar Essence STX / RAM: Crucial 2x1GB 1066MHz / HD: MTRON 2.5" 30GB / DVD: Panasonic UJ-815B / PSU: Opus 180w / LCD: Xenarc 700TSV

Comment

I use glass cleaner on my touchscreen. Works fine. I spray a cloth with a little glass cleaner and wipe her down.
                        Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

yea, spray dampen a microfiber with windex or any glass cleaner, avoid the ones with amonia though... glass plus is good too, DON"T SPRAY THE SCREEN, just the cloth, if you spray the screen the liquid could seap into the edges before you get to wipe, & could cause temporary touchscreen problems, no danger at all though if you spray the cloth...
                          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

i use a spray called plexus is great.at my work we have it for cleaning paint protection film.this thing cleans very very well.
                            BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                            RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                            WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                            RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                            Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Originally posted by WiCKeD 5.9L View Post
                              So it's 60% isopropyl alcohol then?
                              That'd be 35% alcohol

Comment

Working...
                              X