M2-ATX, VoomPC - Advice needed for clean power connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX, VoomPC - Advice needed for clean power connection

I managed to acquire a buddies Newision 7" LCD Touchscreen so I'm going to connect to my car PC power supply for power.

What I'm looking for is a clean way to connect it through a VoomPC.

I'll connect it to the Molex coming from the M2-ATX but I'm looking for a clean way to make it unpluggable so I can remove the Computer from the car quickly.

My idea is to somehow run the molex out the back (where all other connections are) so that I can use a male molex connector as the plug (coming from the lcd). I've got a VoomPC case so you can see, I'm sort of limited to where I can enter the case.

Has anyone done this? And made it look clean? Does it make sense?
    If you have, can you post pics or reasonably hand drawn facsimile.

Thanks
    VoomPC, VIA C7 1.5 Ghz, 7" Newision LCD, 80 Gig WD 5400 RPM Laptop Drive, M2-ATX, RoadRunner, iGuidance, Freedom 2.0, AT&T Natural Voice Hot Babe Audrey. All wrapped up in a piece of crap Suzuki Grand Vitara.

Wire a male HDD molex connector to the power lines running to the screen.
    That way you can disconnect the power at the PC end.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

That's what I am planning to do but I was hoping someone else has done it so I can see what it looks like coming out the back of a VoomPC case and where the actual connection (from the lcd "molex" to the psu "molex") was connected. For example, I'd like it to basically look like the power connector that goes to the VoomPC case. Keeping it as "factory" looking as possible.
      VoomPC, VIA C7 1.5 Ghz, 7" Newision LCD, 80 Gig WD 5400 RPM Laptop Drive, M2-ATX, RoadRunner, iGuidance, Freedom 2.0, AT&T Natural Voice Hot Babe Audrey. All wrapped up in a piece of crap Suzuki Grand Vitara.

Comment

My VoomPC molex had open spots for more pins. Cant you just wire into that? I stole the 12V and GND off a drive molex inside, wired it to the VoomPC molex.
        MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
        Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

That's right, I completely forgot about that.
          The VoomPC has a green and a black wire for "special Use".

I guess that I could connect the molex yellow to the green wire harness and the black to the black. Then connect the lcd 12v to the green wire and black to black.

Does that sound correct or have I been drinking too much?

Comment

Working...
          X